Find a lost companion :|

wafflepacman

I installed the CM Companions Aragorn and Gandalf, and they've been at my side for many months (Oblivion time), but I told Aragorn to Stay at the Anvil Docks, and now I have no idea where he was. I was doing another quest, and Gandalf disappeared, too. I'm wearing the Partner's ring, and I have the quest active, but I can't find either of them anywhere. I've also tried disabling/enabling the files again, but they don't spawn at the spot where you first meet them. Could anyone help me out?

Hmm I dont have this mod but maybe that tips will help you.

->Try to look in your houses

->If you cant find them anywhere :

Disable mod then enter game SAVE and exit

Then enable mod again and see if quest (?) will trigger again or companions will spawn where they should.

Also maybe one of your new mod is causing the conflict and that's why your companions don't show up, try using conflict detector.

(Oblivion Mod Manager > Utilities > New Conflict Detector ) and check if there are conflicts with your Companion mod.

I am a modder so I naturally turn to the CS to solve problems. I do not know your skill level, but maybe you could go into the companion mod which contains your companions, create a quest, and create quest targets on your missing companions. This way there will be green or red flags pointing to your companions when that quest is set as your active quest. This can be a useful feature for any companion mod to have. If you get separated from your companions in the heat of battle, you can just flip to this quest to see what direction they went.

I lose my companions a lot. Frankly, I quit using them. They're more trouble than they're worth. They're also incompatible with my favorite vampire mod, Terran Vampires, since the companion counts as an onlooker so the "covert - passive" blood suck ability doesn't work when attempting to drink someone's blood in bed.

The worst part is the Warp Ring doesn't always work. I wish I had some better advice to give, but you may want to consider just not using companions entirely, except as mules. Even so, keep the mules on stand-by at an easy to remember place you frequent. For me, that is the Imperial City Mage's Tower, but whatever works for you.