You know what really grinds my gears?

WeissYohji

I hate the music system. Lucky we have BMS to deal with that. Daggerfall was great in this aspect but for Morrowind and Oblivion music categories were grouped only by explore, battle, dungeon, public...

Music should be more variant. When you enter a tavern tavern music should play.. forests and ruins also should have different music.

You don't like Jeremy Soule's music, then?

I just replaced all the in-game music with MP3s from my own library, except for the title screen and battle music.

No don't get me wrong I do love Jeremy Soule's music for TES.. I also use A LOT of other music but the original tracks are great. I just don't like the fact that they do not depend on the time of the day, type of building, region, type of ruin/dungeon, etc. Better Music System solves this to a large extent..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my turn! :)

1. Armor repair- Remember how in Arena and Daggerfall you took your armor to the armorer and depending how badly damaged it was it took a certain amount of time to fix it? Not in Oblivion-no matter how broke it is, it can be fixed in less than a second!

2. Lack of Banks-Just because I liked them, and find it odd that the ruling nobel of a city is a real estate broker. (Some mods fix this, somewhat)

3. Leveled armor-Why on nirn would the Imperial Dragon Armor earned at level 10 be any different than that earned at level 25? (fixed by some mods)

4. Leveled enemies- Same basic reason, you should be able to run in to all kinds of people, at different career stages as you travel. (fixed by mods)

5. Lack of (alive) children- Emma was working on this back in the day, but apparently gave up.

6. Weather has no effect on the world, or you. (fixed by mods, but more than one has to be used)

7. Houses in cold areas with broken fireplaces :/

8. The no levitation thing. I understand about the inside of cities being in a different world-space and all that, but they could have made an activator to load the new area when you got close enough.

9. Lack of crossbows, etc: They existed in Morrowind, so ten years latter, the fletchers have forgotten how to make them?

10. Lack of coins (as a world object)-Remember in Morrowind how you could set a pile of coins on a table?

I guess thats enough for now.

1. The bows. I can understand how metal bows would work, but glass bows? How does a glass bow work? It can't, Bethesda. IT CAN'T. (There's no evidence that Tamriel has nanofiber technology.) A glass bow should break, not bend.

2. The part of the main story where you have to get the blood of a Daedric Prince. If you do the main quest in the Shivering Isles expansion before doing this one, why not just have your character prick their finger, put their blood in a vial, and give it to Martin? You ARE the new Sheogorath, after all.

3. If Tamriel is supposed to be the size of Europe, it sure doesn't feel like it. It feels a lot more like you could fit all of Cyrodiil alone inside Delaware or Rhode Island.

4. Weye. Just Weye. One house and an inn? That's not even a village!

Your thoughts?

1 Glass is not actualy glass and there is a company called liquidmetal that makes metal kinda like that

2 When you are sheogorath you technicaly aren't a daederic prince by birth and also the expansion came later

3 Tamriel may be the size of europe but bethesda isnt

4 There is a mod for that

1. The bows. I can understand how metal bows would work, but glass bows? How does a glass bow work? It can't, Bethesda. IT CAN'T. (There's no evidence that Tamriel has nanofiber technology.) A glass bow should break, not bend.

2. The part of the main story where you have to get the blood of a Daedric Prince. If you do the main quest in the Shivering Isles expansion before doing this one, why not just have your character prick their finger, put their blood in a vial, and give it to Martin? You ARE the new Sheogorath, after all.

3. If Tamriel is supposed to be the size of Europe, it sure doesn't feel like it. It feels a lot more like you could fit all of Cyrodiil alone inside Delaware or Rhode Island.

Your thoughts?

hmmm nope weye is just a house and the horses oh the horses could be better and where are the dragons we need dragons.

Your thoughts?

hmmm nope weye is just a house and the horses oh the horses could be better and where are the dragons we need dragons.

Wawnet Inn is right there; it might as well be part of Weye.

Dragons: That's what the Akatosh mount mod is for.

• 1 year later...

I usually like to play stealthy characters -creeping and crawling, trying to remain unseen, undetected, virtually a ghost. Still, you are bound to be detected under certain circumstances. To combat that little drawback I like to leap from rock to rock, ever higher -gaining a nice high ground where I pepper my enemies with arrows, turning a black bear into a furry pincushion.

What I don't like at all, is that for some reason that same black bear keeps bumping its head into the base of the tall rock I'm standing on -and all of a sudden it teleports to the top of the rock, right next to me. It's pretty annoyed about my earlier barrage of arrows and with one or two sweeps of its front paw it knock my lights out. Time to reload a game.

This is a real gamebreaker for me. It sucks the fun of trying to utilize stealth right out of the game -and out of me, leaving me feeling slightly anemic.

As for a mage character? I don't send her -I play as a female character- into a cave, or Ayleid Ruin to go dungeon delving... That's a sure way to die many lifetimes in a row.

And as a warrior I run into similar problems others have already mentioned: when using a shield I get staggered, only to be staggered some more. Two handed weapons make me move like a drunken cow, while my adversaries manage to land every blow they dish out.

By the time my character is level 17, enemies swarm around her. I get staggered, paralysed and tossed to the ground. When I try to run, mages shock, burn and freeze me into oblivion -okay, that was a very bad pun. Enemy archers? They paralyse me, or make me lose my stance. When playing as an Orc, even other Orcs don't like me! When solving other people's problems they reward me by yelling for me to get out! The only way my Orc is going to get some respect is to join the Arena early on and fight my way up to Hero.

The only way to keep my character alive is to cheat: setting up extra abilities when they exit the imperial sewers after the tutorial.

I give my Orc (and Nords) a Lesser Power that will boost their Strength, Agility, Speed, Strenght and Endurance, as well as their Health and Fatigue. The trade-off is that the same Lesser Power completely drains all their available Magicka and gives them Stunted Magicka as well. These last two effects last considerably longer than the boosts to their other attributes and skills, so if my Orc is near death, despite the Lesser Power, there's no -magical- way to heal her up. And if more enemies come along her escape route....

My Stealth Elf -based on Nec's Mystic Elf Remake- has two lesser powers that either chameleon or make invisible; with the same detrimental effects to her magicka, so using these LP's is not always the wisest of choices.

I'm still dialling in these new abilities, trying to see which way I need to tweak.

• 2 weeks later...

To antonkr: I can see glass arrows being of use, but bows? No way, Bethesda. It can't possibly work.

i didnt want to read all of the threads so i don't know if its answered or not but

in skyrim there is a book called light armor forging.

Elven and Glass are metallic light armor. You may be surprised to think that Glass can be thought of as metallic, but appearances are deceiving. What we call Glass is nothing like the windows panes you see in houses. The greenish material is far stronger and has a much higher melting point.

so glass things are not literally glass