Odd Visual Glitch-PerMa

ShrooMooo

Hey does anyone know if visual (screen) effects can be toggled for PerMa?

Everytime an enemy casts frostbite on me, my screen flickers intensely and has a loud ticking noise.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

yes, we're not psionists.

Post your load order and your modlist.

Thanks for reply.

Here is my load order and mod list as seen in Wrye Bash.

I might add that I use RealVision ENB as well.

Didn't have this until I installed PerMa, appears to be when I take any cold damage.

If it is part of the mod, I'd like to find out how to remove the effect.

http://imgur.com/a/RQpAW#0

couple things...To post a Load order from Wrye Bash...Right click the top header > List Mods, it will Automatically copy the entire Load order to the clipboard AND will also put the spoiler tags in for you, all you need to do is Right click in the post box and Paste. done.

Both your ASIS AND Patchus Maximus patches are Orange. you either added a mod OR rearranged your load order since making them ...Rebuild them, they should ALWAYS be Green. Once you create your patches don't move or add Mods,,,IF you do, you have to generate the Dynamic patches again, they do contain info that could change based on the order your mods are in.

Say you re-order your mods, and based on the new order different stuff is getting loaded by the game because of overwrites, the patch could be trying to reference stuff that is not available anymore.

Guess it was good you posted PICs as that showed the patchers were Orange.

GELO should be compatible with perma, but i don't really know because is a very old mod.

I don't see any mod incompatibilities though, most mod you're running don't affect Perkus or the ones that do are compatible.

I'm only not sure about GELO. Personally i've unistalled it before installing PerMa.

couple things...To post a Load order from Wrye Bash...Right click the top header > List Mods, it will Automatically copy the entire Load order to the clipboard AND will also put the spoiler tags in for you, all you need to do is Right click in the post box and Paste. done.

Both your ASIS AND Patchus Maximus patches are Orange. you either added a mod OR rearranged your load order since making them ...Rebuild them, they should ALWAYS be Green. Once you create your patches don't move or add Mods,,,IF you do, you have to generate the Dynamic patches again, they do contain info that could change based on the order your mods are in.

Say you re-order your mods, and based on the new order different stuff is getting loaded by the game because of overwrites, the patch could be trying to reference stuff that is not available anymore.

Guess it was good you posted PICs as that showed the patchers were Orange.

Ah! So that's what orange is........

I've been forced to re-arrange certain mods manually for workarounds LOOT won't fix.

For Example:

LOOT put's Bijin Warmaidens (awesome mod btw) wihin the top 10. Well, it does nothing there. Needs to be waaayyy low.

Same with AFT and Ceri Companion. Ceri HAS to be after AFT or nothing good happens, and LOOT puts it way up top.

Don't fully understand.......guess LOOT isn't perfect.

Back to topic though......

It's almost like Important Information Overhaul. My screen indeed flickers and blurs when my health is low (screw you DCO spawning 6 dragons). It's just that a frost attack causes intense flickering and terrible "sound tearing." It sounds like a gear is stuck on a machine. Its quite annoying when I can't see to fight back.

If this issue is indeed supposed to happen is there a way to remove the "visual effect (and sound)" in the CK maybe?

Thanks for replying so fast, too! Much appreciated.

LOOT as with most computer programs cant possibly account for all Mods in all Load orders....SO as Users we have to teach LOOT from time to time. The creator of LOOT gave us a few ways to do this.

Use "meta" rules to tell Loot where a mod should be placed. acording to other mods positions....or

Use "Global Priorities" will also place any mod in any position in your load order.

Using the above you can have LOOT always sort your mods the exact same way every time , so running LOOT wont mean you have to re-do your list.

Does the sound stay?...i have one spell that has a nasty loud static, but goes away if switching to a different Spell....Hope you find it as a bad sound is extremely irritating.

Have you tried asking in the Perma mods page?

AH, got the new version of LOOT. Thank you for that!

as for the issue, I'm fairly certain it's an exaggerated effect (PerMa tends to do that). I'll probably just live with it till I'm immune to frost

;)