Oblivion won't start

gitgudfgt

I bought oblivion GOTY from steam a while back and I've been able to run it fine, then i started modding a little bit and it still worked fine, now suddenly it refuses to start up. when i click it it brings me to the start menu (play, data files, ect...) but when i click on play it looks like it tries to start up but then just exits. I've tried checking the integrity of the cache, i've deactivated all my mods, and i've uninstalled and re-installed the game.

You installed, or uninstalled, some mod (or mods) that ruined the game stability. Try remembering what you did RIGHT BEFORE the game started crashing on startup.

Strange that uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game did not solve the issue. Are you sure you uninstalled it properly?

Cheers!

Crash on start-up is often a case of missing master. One of your mods needs another mod to work, and it can't find it. That required mod could be there and the load order got changed and now the "master" is below the ESP that requires it. We'd need a complete load order, preferably from Wrye Bash to tell.