Followers will not spawn with me when leaving Whiterun

GuiTag

Hello everyone,

Whenever I leave Whiterun with any follower, vanilla or otherwise, they will not spawn at the gate. If I use 'wait' they will then spawn next to my character but I'd rather not have to do this for immersion reasons. They seem to follow me into Whiterun itself without any problems though, and this bug seems to only happen when leaving Whiterun.

As far as follower mods go, I don't believe they're at all intrusive. They are:

-Followers can Relax

-Sofia

-Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers

there is also

-JKs Whiterun

Although, I've had this bug even when going with a minimal mod setup. Thanks for any advice!

Sounds like there is no navmesh for that part that you're trying to spawn them in. Most likely due to the different whiterun..

Make a couple of new saves (so that you can go back to one of them), then disable the JKs whiterun or any other whiterun-overhaul mod (just uncheck the esp box for it, don't uninstall it fully). Test it out to see if they spawn again.

Edited by Myuna

Thanks for the reply!

I tried disabling JKs Whiterun but no change. However, with the process of elimination I eventually found that the culprit was Warzones Civil Unrest v2015.1. I dug around in the comments for that mod and found that others are reporting similar issues with followers not spawning. I'm going to make a post there about it.

I hope this helps anybody experiencing similar problems!

• 1 month later...
Let me say also that vilja is immune. But I can't stay a few things about her personality. Like her opening line huge drunk nord and filthy little wood elf b*******. Ladies aren't supposed to use bad language. I don't use bad language myself and her accent sounds like she never has a lisp or is trying to sound like a cute little 3 year old. I use Arissa. She is awesome. I wish I was smart enough to take this scripting from Vilja and use it for Arissa. Or perhaps someone could make a patch or a mod that automatically teleports them in that particular hold. The other holds are fine.