Fawkes Invisible while PC is Sneaking?

Cag93

I like using Fawkes as a companion, but the only downside to that is that Fawkes can't sneak, effectively making my playstyle useless. Can anyone make a mod that gives Fawkes a Stealth Field or something while the player is sneaking? I'm familiar with the GECK, but don't have a clue about scripting, so if I can do it myself (without having to write a script), can someone point me in the right direction?

i'm pretty sure that a script is the only way to go, unless you want to give him a permanent stealth field

if you would like help with the script, i could try writing it for you (i'm learning scripting anyhow, so it is always nice to have a new challenge) but you will have to test it yourself, as my Fallout is quite a mess

anyhow, if you would like my help, just PM me, and i'll do my best

whatever you choose, good luck :)

i'm pretty sure that a script is the only way to go, unless you want to give him a permanent stealth field

if you would like help with the script, i could try writing it for you (i'm learning scripting anyhow, so it is always nice to have a new challenge) but you will have to test it yourself, as my Fallout is quite a mess

anyhow, if you would like my help, just PM me, and i'll do my best

whatever you choose, good luck :)

Sent you a PM :)

Pretty sure there's a mod out there that does something with companions and sneaking...

Companion Behaviour Overhaul

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3441

"Feature: Companions will make use of StealthBoys, whenever the player using one himself and is sneaking. They'll even try to drop out of combat, if possible. Followers not being able to make use of this toy will at least stay put whenever the player crouches (up to a distance of 4000 "Fallout" units)."

I've found that Fawkes's inability to sneak can be quite an advantage. Enemies often concentrate on the big green giant and don't notice the little girl with the flamethrower. :devil:

...I seriously had a raider run right past me, even after I shot her, to go up and try to melee Fawkes. LOL! :laugh:

I don't know of any mod which makes Fawkes stealthy. Personally, I've always wondered why people get so angry about the fact that the nine foot tall mutant that they asked to follow them around keeps giving away their position. I mean... it seems kinda reasonable that that would be the case.