LOD issue

TheBawb

Hey guys, just finished generating Lod for the very first time. And all seems to have gone well, the map was generated, the landscape looks the way it should, the trees were working (Until just recently) but for some reason, the land texture and grass in-game don't load until I'm close to them. It's not a missing texture or else it would be glowing purple, so I was wondering, where did I go wrong? I've backtracked and redone the tutorial numerous times but the same issue still appears. So I sorta confused :/ Any help is well appreciated.

Here's a short vid to give you a visual perspective on what I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7NzbrwRTO4&feature=youtu.be

The video didnt work

If it is the landscape is all brown IE dirt01 color (Which it probably is if I had to guess) You need to copy all the land textures and point the landscape paint texture to the new copy'd one

IE if you are painting with fallforestdirt01, find the texture for fallforestdirt01 duplicate it, then point the landscape paint thingy with the grass etc or w/e (IE the same exact name in the landscape editor) at the copy'd texture. Then when you gen in oscape it will color the landscape correctly.

You will have to do this for each and every texture you use.

And the worst part is the CK wont dupicate en batch so you have to select each one and duplicate one at a time, the other problem is like for the fallforestgrass01 and fallforestgrass02 it will name them something like fallforestgrassduplicate03 or something retarded so be careful to name it properly so you can find it when pointing the actual landscape brush w/e to it

If you are this far that should have gotten you the gist, I can look up what they are under specifically maybe tomorrow. But one is the texture the other is the actual brush the landscape editor uses with different 'grasses' picked etc and it has a dropdown menu at the top right to select the texture map.

gl

The video didnt work

If it is the landscape is all brown IE dirt01 color (Which it probably is if I had to guess) You need to copy all the land textures and point the landscape paint texture to the new copy'd one

IE if you are painting with fallforestdirt01, find the texture for fallforestdirt01 duplicate it, then point the landscape paint thingy with the grass etc or w/e (IE the same exact name in the landscape editor) at the copy'd texture. Then when you gen in oscape it will color the landscape correctly.

You will have to do this for each and every texture you use.

And the worst part is the CK wont dupicate en batch so you have to select each one and duplicate one at a time, the other problem is like for the fallforestgrass01 and fallforestgrass02 it will name them something like fallforestgrassduplicate03 or something retarded so be careful to name it properly so you can find it when pointing the actual landscape brush w/e to it

If you are this far that should have gotten you the gist, I can look up what they are under specifically maybe tomorrow. But one is the texture the other is the actual brush the landscape editor uses with different 'grasses' picked etc and it has a dropdown menu at the top right to select the texture map.

gl

oops my bad on the vid, must have accidentally clipped it shorter. Anyway Yes you are correct the landscape turned out brown. And Thanks a bunch for the solution, I do have a reasonable idea of what you've explained, so I should be able to figure it out. Thanks again