Removing Mod Dependency?

BenDelat

Basically -

I made a custom mod, and was experimenting with various resources.

My mod now requires General Displays and Aemer's Refuge to run - This are .esm files.

My mod doesn't use any resources from these mods, so I'd like to remove them from my mod's required mods if possible.

Thanks...

You should be able to remove masters using TES5Edit. They are listed in the "file header" (or something like that) section that can be selected in the left panel. Select it so that the right panel will show things like the mod's name and description. Then just scroll down the right panel, find the masters you want to remove and remove them.

Just make sure your mod does not use anything or modify anything from the master files you want to remove. The CK is quite eager to mark things as having been modified, it seems, and I am not sure what will happen when the things a mod tries to modify are suddenly taken away.

The easiest way would probably be to make a backup copy of the mod you are testing and revert to the backup once testing is over. It is always good to have a backup available even when one is not doing any testing, as I have read that it is possible for the CK to somehow corrupt a file when saving it. And a human error is always possible. :smile:

Hopefully that helps. I am not an expert when it comes to this type of things.

Edited by PhilippePetain

You need to right-click on one of the rows (if it is the horisontal "line" of boxes) above the master's name, not the one containing the name of the master. I do not know why, though. It should then give the choice to remove it...

Sorry. I did not remember there was that... trick?