How many Mods can i run with these Specs?

CuteGirlGamer

Im asking this because my laptop has not come yet.

How many mods should i beable to use on this type of laptop? Right now i have about 133 mods. Not all extreme ones but yes it is a lot. And i know of the cap being around 250ish. But i never intent to go that far. Maybe 150 but i cant find much of anything else i would even want considering how much i have now lol.

Alienware 17

• Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
  • Windows® 8.1 (64-bit), English
  • 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
  • 17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare 300-nits Display
  • 1TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
Edited by CuteGirlGamer

Laptops.....Not really ideal for gaming imo, at least for something like Skyrim. It really depends what the person expects out of it. It your looking for something like an ultra-modded setup, no, For basic play and modest graphics-sure why not. This much I can say for certain.

-The CPU is fine for upwards of 200+ mods

-So is the Ram.-Skyrim can only utilize 3.3GB of Main Ram before it crashes the client anyhow-so thats fine right there.

-HD is a little on slow side, well ok very slow(cant get any slower tbh), might impose some game bottlenecking here and there, YMMV. But it won't be a game breaker by any stretch

GPU-missing. You didn't list it. If you plan on running 1920 @ ultra settings, thats where performance hits will come from.

As far as the # of mods goes, its not so much the number of mods, rather, how script heavy and how many high-rez texture replacers one has that can be a drag on actual performance. I can see you easily running up the max mods, so long as the mods are have a light footprint as it were, or much smaller number of high-rez, complex mods.

I have similar specs with a 2GB GPU and much faster HD. My Mod count? ~190 total. Ultra settings, good number of 2k, 4k and odd 8k texture mods-as well as many 1k-2k replacers. Lot of environmental, gameplay, and follower mods, among others. Still got plenty of wiggle room to add more mods should I wish. No problems, minimal lag or stutter. You should be fine in the 150ish+ range easily I would think....

Edited by Mebantiza

Im asking this because my laptop has not come yet.

How many mods should i beable to use on this type of laptop? Right now i have about 133 mods. Not all extreme ones but yes it is a lot. And i know of the cap being around 250ish. But i never intent to go that far. Maybe 150 but i cant find much of anything else i would even want considering how much i have now lol.

Alienware 17

• Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
  • Windows® 8.1 (64-bit), English
  • 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz
  • 17.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare 300-nits Display
  • 1TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M

There is no such thing as "How many mods can my system run?". When you say "mods" you aren't defining what mods. In order for us to give you an estimate you would have to tell us every single mod you use and all the mods you want to install. Even if you did that we really couldn't answer that question. You mod your game untill you either can't mod anymore. (mod it until it crashes) or untill you are happy with your game. Summary: There is no way for anyone to know how many mods your system can run because we don't know what mods you want to run. Every mod is more spec dependant then the other mod. My tip to you is: mod your game untill you are happy with what you have. (or mod it untill it crashes.) :tongue:

As for you specs:

I copied and translated this from the internet: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M is enough to play spec demanding games from 2012 and 2013 on max settings and full HD resolution. Some examples are Battlefield 3, Skyrim and Crysis 3."

So apparently if you don't use graphic intensive mods you are in a good spot but if you start adding graphic intensive mods like an ENB, you're going to run into some FPS drops.

A little side note: I got an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 970 4GB VRAM and I run Realvision ENB, texture replacers, lightening overhaul, Climates of Tamriel and currently around 70 plugins of other game altering mods without any FPS drop. So 4GB VRAM is more then enough to run Skyrim with an ENB + mods.

Edited by morogoth35