Quick question of ethical judgment

Unholypaladin

That goes both ways, Marthos. Intentions are one thing, waterproofness is quite another

And I agree with you Surenas, but it still remains that that is their intent and "The Terminator" just hit the nail on the head with his last post.

That goes both ways, Marthos. Intentions are one thing, waterproofness is quite another

And I agree with you Surenas, but it still remains that that is their intent and "The Terminator" just hit the nail on the head with his last post.

Fine, but the intent of somebody is not necessarily legal only because it is his intent, okay? Or do you believe in everything that knocks with a smile at the front door only to open a juridically questionable backdoor a few moments later? Do you think this would be kosher? Finally, the prize of a licence bears not necessarily a proportion to the actual product value behind, it might be just a fantasy prize. "The making of millionaires" crosses my mind ...

I agree with you about the issues and understand perfectly what your saying, I don't like it anymore than you do.

I'm just waiting for the day that the preverbial hits the fan and there is a big court case, it may never happen as dangerous precedents could be set for either camp, though it would be interesting to see some of the "you will do this and you won't do that" market crontrolling giants taught the meaning of a little humility.

Monopolies are never a good thing, no matter how well (or otherwise) intentioned.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?