.NIF Files and How to View Them

NexBeth

I am trying to pull some nif files from other resource files (that are modder tools and designed for use by other modders-not stealing), however, my PC will not display the mesh so I can see which ones I want. I tired using NifScope but an actual visual of the item does not show up.

Is there a way to view these files without going in to CK and opening up every file?

Thanks.

If you have the .nif files installed on your computer and NifSkope is installed properly, all you have to do is double click on the .nif file and NifSkope will open, displaying the mesh.

If you want the mesh textured, you will have to have the correct texture installed on your computer and the path to the texture will have to be entered into NifSkope. However, NifSkope will not display any textures packed in a BSA.

Well, I do have the NifScope installed, however, the viewer only shows lines and so forth. Not an actual picture of what I wanting to look at. Perhaps I need to uninstall and reinstall the program then.

thanks.

Ok, so I re-installed NifScope and I'm basically still only getting a pictureframe and lines in the view window. I'm not interested in modifying textures or meshes. I just want to view existing textures to include in my mod.

Here is what I see on NifScope when I load one of the textures.

http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k467/TRBeth/NifS-1.png

Is it possible to see meshes that isn't from mods but from the actual game with nifscope, and if so, how? And a follow up question, if I want to create dummy items, can I just remove the textures or do I have to do something more?

Sorry if it seem like I'm trying to hijack the thread but I thought that these where questions that could fit in under this topic :)

You need to open up each NitriShape tree on the left pannel and find all the Bsshader Texture Sets. Than you should highlight the BSshader texture set and choose textures on the righ pannel. Last step is choosing the texture sets from the folder where your item's textures are.

Unless you show it the path nifscope doesn't load the textures. In ck you don't need load any vanilla textures but if you are using a modder's source before placing your new meshes in your mod you should do the above process and save it in nifskope from the file menu.

http://s12.postimg.org/vj0grszrh/Nif.jpg

Edited by sonogu