Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

If you don't sleep you won't level ... after you clear your next dungeon that has a bedroll in it have a little nap ... it'll do you a world of good (actually it'll do the world a world of good, because the bad guys will also get stronger and new types will eventually start appearing).

When you get tired of sleeping on cold hard dungeon floors give Maple Cottage a look. You can't beat the price ... bonk some bandits on the head, get some nice loot from them to sell PLUS get a nice home to live in ... can you find a better deal??

Emma has another mod that might be of interest ... Companion Vilja. You will find no other more complete companion in all Cyrodiil (even comes with a wolf companion for the two of you a little ways down her questline).

- Edit - Sorry Ike, but CM based will never get me to stray from Vilja ... well now if I could just figure out how to get Umbra over to my side ...

Edited by Striker879

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, xblades!

To level up your character, as soon as the notification and level-up icon appear, you need to go to sleep. Then, the Level Up menu will appear.

So, you like my Finlan and/or Nesure, don't you? Yes, they will fight, and quite bloodthirstly should I say. Having a Companion with you has a curious side effect: all the enemies will target them instead of you at first, and only will go after you if you attack them or come too close to them (the enemies).

All my companions are Essential, it is, immortal. They will get knocked out and unconscious, but will not die. Each of them is slightly different from the others in regards to combat techniques: Finlan and Nesure are standard Warriors, Cethlenn is an Archer, Alroy is Crusader, Dillion is Battlemage and Ryan is a Thief, and I mean a thief, the b****rd.

The Quest Mods I mentioned are a matter of download and install, yes. The Lost Spires comes in .bsa format, that is, the downloaded package only contains two files, the esp and the bsa, no folders. You put both files inside your Data folder. The Naked Nord contains a folder named Sound and the esp. Both go to the Data folder. And Kragenir's Death is a little more complicated than that, let's leave it for the last, when your character is strong enough.

Oblivion Reloaded will not change textures. For enhancing the landscape textures you need either Qarl's Texture Pack or some Landscape-driven retexture, like the less demanding Landscape Retexture by Lougian. But these only retexture the terrain, the vegetation needs separate textures. The better in my opinion is Brittainy's Lush and Gaudy Floriana Gloria.

Bear in mind that if you install Qarl's or any of the other retexture mods, you will not be able to add any other mod that alters landscape without an hell of bashing, patching, merging and hassle. And your computer must be strong enough to handle these Hi-Res textures.

About the "skimpy armors", I really hate the vanilla female armors, with their cleavages and exposed legs and all, so I use always Nuska's Protective Female Armors. She left out of her package some of the armors, but the community made them, have a look. In fact, the armor my Nesure wears is based on Nuska's Protective Ebony Armour. You can bet your socks than you will never find any of my female characters wearing something like this. However, the sexy yet reasonable Eyren's Vampire Hunter Armor is one of my favourites.

Oh, the choices are endless. You will spend hours and hours surfing the Files section of the Oblivion Nexus.

Cheers!

hi Ike

thanks for reply

so just to check with you that i can download these next and they require no special attention, apart from normal download and install

Gaudy Floriana Gloria.

The Naked Nord.

The Lost Spires

http://www.nexusmods...d=44763&gid=101

and possibly this one, as i agree it looks good Eyren's Vampire Hunter Armor

thanks

ps.. i laughed at thong armor one lol

Edited by xbladekiller

Hey, xblades!

Oops, I forgot to mention that in order to be able to use my Companion mod, you need to install the CM Partners Basic one.

When you download the CM Partners package and open it, you will feel overhelmed by the sheer amount of files and folders it contains. Fear not, I'm an expert on CM Parters-Fu and can tell you that once you have unpacked the zip file, you take the Sound folder and put it inside your Data Folder. Then, back at the unpacked CM Partners, go to the CMPartners-Oblivion_Only (because you do not have Shivering Isles installed), and copy the CM Partners.esp and CM Partners.esm files to your Data folder. The rest of all the bunch of files and folders in the package are, for the momento, useless for us, but keep the original downloaded file safe.

Now, to install my characters, open the downloaded file, take the Data folder it contains and place it inside your Oblivion folder.

Now, to OBMM. Look at your Mods list, make sure OCO is still the LAST on your load order, and enable the CMPartners.esp, and either CMFinlan.esp (for the guy), CMNesure.esp (for the girl) or both.

NOTE: esm files do not need to be enabled in OBMM. They are resource files used by the esps.

Now, about the Lush and Gaudy Floriana Gloria. Take a deep breath and read the Description Page. Are you sure you think you're capable of handling this, even with our help?

While you decide, we can put our hands with the two Quest Mods.

The Naked Nord is a small one, a funny adventure that requires few hours of gameplay but is still worth it. And it features a Naked Nord. 'Nuff said.

To install it, just take from the unpacked download the Sound folder and the NakedNord.esp, place them inside your Data folder, and activate the esp with OBMM. Don't forget to check if OCO is still the last on your load order. Sometimes, a newly installed mod could put itself AFTER OCO, and we don't want it.

The Lost Spires is more than a little Quest mod. It's a fully-fledged Expansion Pack and adds a whole new Faction to join, the Archaeology Guild, and your mission will be to uncover the misteries of the strange ruins discovered by these Arachaeologists. At the end of the Quest, you will become the Guild Master and the Archaeology Guild will be your own House, where you can sleep, store your belongings and all that.

(Note on Player Houses and Abodes: you can own as many of them as you please, in addition to the buyable houses in each of the CIties. Like Maple Cottage, as Striker suggests).

To install The Lost Spires, take the bsa and the esp files it contains and place them in your Data folder. Activate the esp in OBMM (have you checked where OCO is placed yet?).

That's all.

About Companion Vilja: CM Companions are rather simple and basic. They will follow you, but their AI is very limited. Companion Vilja is a very complex mod, the character it contains possess a complex AI, with lots of dialogue, options and a very own personality (my Ryan has his own personality too, bit in his case this was an accident, not deliberate, I swear). Vilja does not need CM Partners Basic, but she need the OCO v2 Compatibility Patch. Since I don't use Vilja, Striker will help you with the installation and configuration procedure.

The Eyren's Vampire Hunter Armor is only for females. Males cannot wear it. However, AlienSlof created a rework that includes the male version of the clothes and armor. If you want the Vampire Hunter armor only for female characters, like, for instance, to put it on Nesure, but don't plan to use it in your male character, download and install the one I linked before here. But if you want the male version too, do not take the one I linked, you need AlienSlof's version, that is available ONLY at her website. HERE YOU HAVE THE LINK.

Now, think about the Lush and Gaudy Floriana Gloria. It gives the chilles even to me.

Cheers!

Edit: My goodness, I forgot to poke Striker in the eye. I understand you, Striker, I was planning to try Vilja right before the Apocalypse Now that my lungs took, and the The Day After Tomorrow that both my computers decided to perform. But right now, I miss so dearly that little redhead b******d...

Edited by IkeCoast

Hi Ike

Phew...have downloaded and installed your companion and supporting files you mentioned for it,,,, sorry Striker, will try out Ike's mod first :smile:

also have installed 2 more mods and ticked....yes, i did make sure OCO was at bottom of the list of mods... yr voice was ringing in my ears lol

will not bother with Lush and Gaudy Floriana Gloria....am to scared lol...but if you have suggestions of similar ones that are more straight forward, then that will be fine :smile:

any other adventure and or quest mods, then just throw them at me pls

thanks again...will enjoy playing these...am off to sleep in Oblivion now, so I can level up a bit lol

all the best and sweet dreams

Edited by xbladekiller

Suggestions are just that Blade ... alternatives for you to consider. Ike and I wouldn't make a good team if we always thought along the same lines. Neither of us will ever be able to suggest all the best mods for you ... some of that will take some grunt work browsing the categories from you. After a while you'll develop a feel for what is a good, well made mod and what should be avoided, but I'll avoid some of the stuff Ike likes, Ike will avoid some of the stuff you like etc.

If everything tasted like vanilla we wouldn't know the difference ... but way back somebody suggested trying an apple I think the story goes.

- Edit - Missed your edit Ike ... see, all he needs is lovin' and somebody to pilfer every now and then. I thought your lungs did the Day After Tomorrow and your computer the Apocalypse Now ... now I'm so confused ... again, or is that still ??

- Edit 2 - So you download the top listed download on the Maple Cottage (Maple Cottage ver 1 04) and when you extract that you'll find two folders (Comfortable version esp and Purist version esp) and three loose files (MapleCottage_location.jpg, MapleCottage_readme.txt and TinyHouse.bsa). First copy the TinyHouse.bsa to your Data folder. Next decide if you want to have the house with all the fixings (kind of the full meal deal) or the same house without some of the extras like nicer furniture, more fully developed basement etc). I use the Comfortable version myself and just don't use things I think shouldn't be included in a house mod like curing yourself at the Mara statue ... I just consider it decoration. Once you decide copy the file TinyHouse.esp from ONE of the folders to your Data folder. You couldn't possibly use both at the same time as they have exactly the same name. The Optional Files downloads are for people using other mods alongside Maple Cottage ... you don't use those unless you also use the other mods (COBL and UL IC Isle). Then just activate TinyHouse.esp and go talk to Nerussa at Wawnet Inn about "A good place to stay".

- Edit 3 - Do you sometimes still hear them Ike ... those lambs. I thought I felt a tingling ... musta been when you fired up the CS. Nah, I got miles to go before I sleep, but I think I'll stop and watch the snow.

Edited by Striker879

Xblades, I don't know of any other general vegetation retexture than Lush and Gaudy. I'll look at the topic, though.

By the way, you're aware that Oblivion is an Open World game, aren't you? And what "Open World" means, I assume. If not, I'll tell you something: the game NEVER ACTUALLY ends. You can complete the Main Quest, all the Side Quests, and the game will still run. This means, you can add more Quest mods, and keep playing the game to the infinite and beyond. Until last year (short story: my computer kicked the bucket and I can't afford a new one, I write this with a second-hand laptop inherited from my sister-in-law, and it can't handle Oblivion) I kept playing Oblivion for almost four years.

Well, now, I think you have added gameplay enhancements enough to keep you glued to your chair for some time. Play, get used to the game, think about things you would like to have that are missing (armours, weapons, houses, castles, characters, whatever) and don't forget to come here to ask anything that crosses your mind. Once you are used to play as any of the default races, we could try some Race Mod, like the Abysmer. I'm sure you will love the Abysmer's ability to deep-fry anything that they touch. Crispy goblins and roasted Marauders. Yum.

Striker, we could also say that my innards played Silence of the Lambs on me and my computers (bot of them) went full Disaster Movie (Charlie Sheen cameo included), but that's a matter of moviephagia tastes.

On a side note, I managed to install the game and my utilities in this computer, and albeit the game can't start, I can launch the Construction Set. Whoa. Was that a chill down your spine just now, Striker?

I go to bed now. Sweet dreams to you both.

See ya and Cheers!

Ahh, you're well on your way Blade.

If you do a search on Nexus Mods Oblivion for mod author Emma you'll see she has created quite a few very nice houses. If you also use Companion Vilja some of those houses (but not all) have extra things available that work with Vilja. You can use the Companion Keys with any companion you have along to make them go to a different part of the house, do some gardening or look for ingredients (as long as you are in the cell for the house, either inside or near it's exterior). With Vilja you can turn any NPC into a follower for her (they follow Vilja not you). Kind of handy when you're trying to put together an army.

Recently, Stroti jumped out of the shadows and released the Hobbits Home Resource. Most of us went apeshit crazy with it, and I think I recall Emma was one of the first to download that thing and put it in her dissection table.

And, Blades, looks like you now know the basics to mod Oblivion on your own. We will always be here to assist you on anything you need, with a look of fatherly pride in our visages.

Cheers!