Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

That's it ... the proto-plasm and the fledgling robin have ganged up on me, and the dinosaur will not inherit the earth. Woe is me, woe is me, all is lost.

I've been many times infected by them vampirey types, but only once tried sleeping on it after waiting too long (you won't become a vampire when sleeping until three days have passed since you were infected). I loaded an earlier save (chick, chick ... chicken!! ... they are after all the modern day version of the dinosaur).

Looks like we'll be treated to a complete report of how much fun it is sleeping all day and prowling at night.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya

Am a little annoyed..well only slightly...as I have had to go back to the maple cottage save. This was because i could not survive the, cure vamparism quest. I caught it when i was only level 1 and you need blood grass that is usually found in the obilivion gates

Looks like I will have to try and get as many ingrediaents as possible to get cure at level 1, then level...it will be hard though, unless someone has a way i can level without getting bitten so early?

I did not mind going back really, as i suppose it is a long road in this game anyway, so what does it really matter in long run lol... name of game is patience, i suppose lol

Ok...report over for now...eats some juicy worms that Ike left out for me...yum yum lol

You are a bad one Blade ... LOL

If you need to go back to an earlier save there is another way to cure any disease ... just use one of the many wilderness wayshrines. If you're in the Maple Cottage area just use the one down the hill from the Talos Plaza gate (the Wayshrine of Julianos on this map). If you do that before you sleep it should cure you (well if it hasn't been three days since you were infected anyway).

You can check by using the far right tab on your Spells menu in game. That tab shows all of the active effects affecting your character, and in the case of disease effects will tell the particular disease that is applying the effect. Check it before and then a handful of seconds after using the wayshrine and see if it fixes you up.

You can buy bloodgrass from certain vendors ... check The Main Ingredient in the Imperial City Market District, All Things Alchemical in Skingrad (best bets) and possibly The Sleeping Mare in Pell's Gate. You can also have a chance at finding some to buy from any other alchemical supplies dealer (e.g. Mage's Guild). Another alternative is just go into an Oblivion gate far enough to collect what bloodgrass you need and then leave again.

The whole of Tamriel will just wait while you do whatever you feel like doing for however long ... rather easier bunch to get along with than Ike and I, eh?

Xblades, you can get rid of the Porphyric Hemophilia, the vampire disease, BEFORE it turns you into a vampire. Just use a Cure Disease potion or eat a raw mandrake root (mandrakes can be found in the wilderness) or use a Cure Disease spell.

In addition to wayshrines, altars in the Chapels on all the cities can cure you from diseases. However, if 72 in-game (not real-world) hours have passed since you contracted Porphyric Hemophilina, then you can't cure it and will become a vampire the next time you sleep and you will be forced to do the Vampire Cure quest or use the command console to get rid of it and become normal again.

I am not sure how you got the disease. At first I tought you were "bitten" while fighting vampires in a cave, but I have re-read your posts and it looks like you were SLEEPING when a vampire came and shlurped you. You should feel privileged, this is a very rare occurrence.

Cheers!

LOL ... nothing worse than being "slurrped", sleeping or not.

The only difference between wayshrines and chapel altars is your infamy/bounty at the time. Wayshrines are indiscriminate while chapel altars will mock you if you have any infamy or bounty (you can find that in the far right tab of your Stats tab).

- Edit - And a word of advice ... I've seen what Ike has for lunch sometimes, can't even come close to pronouncing it never mind spelling it. Just a heads up, might be best to stick to the worms, at least we know where they've been.

Edited by Striker879

Xblades, you can get rid of the Porphyric Hemophilia, the vampire disease, BEFORE it turns you into a vampire. Just use a Cure Disease potion or eat a raw mandrake root (mandrakes can be found in the wilderness) or use a Cure Disease spell.

In addition to wayshrines, altars in the Chapels on all the cities can cure you from diseases. However, if 72 in-game (not real-world) hours have passed since you contracted Porphyric Hemophilina, then you can't cure it and will become a vampire the next time you sleep and you will be forced to do the Vampire Cure quest or use the command console to get rid of it and become normal again.

I am not sure how you got the disease. At first I tought you were "bitten" while fighting vampires in a cave, but I have re-read your posts and it looks like you were SLEEPING when a vampire came and shlurped you. You should feel privileged, this is a very rare occurrence.

Ch

Hi

I tried what you said about the cure disease potion after i slept. It cured me of 'Porphyric Hemophilia,', but not of Vampirism, The wayshire, was not active, so could not try that on me, but i expect that would cure me of the efects of the disease, but not vampirism itself.. it seems it sets me on the vampire quest and i only have 3 days to find the cure. This is difficult if oyu have to wait (T), in order to walk at night...does not seem to be enough time to find all the items etc and you cant buy items, when shop is closed lol

I am sort of wanting to do the quest, but wondering if i have the ability to do it yet, esp when i am only level 1

You mentioned using the console to remove it. How do I do that?

Anyway, if you have any thoughts for this..... 'fledgling bird', who has been thrust out into the 'big bad world'..well by Striker anyway LOL....then i will be greatful. Otherwise, I will just have to prepare myself, by collecting as many of the ingredients as possible (before i sleep to level),, then attepmt the vampirism quest

thanks

ROTFLMAO ... Oh, so I'm the bad guy now!! I see how it's going to be. Heck how would you even know you had wings but for my toe helping you along the road to discovery???

OK, now that I have off my chest I can get back to business ... Striker re-dons his Sir Links-a-Lot hat:

All you need to know about Vampirism

Oblivion:Vampirism - UESP Wiki (take a look at the console codes part near the bottom of this page)

Yop, Striker, don't worry, Blades now thinks you're the bad guy simply because I gave him some tasty worms. As you say, he would see me with different eyes if he could see the short of things I usually put in my plate. Somethimes still alive and struggling and kicking the guests in the face.

I would have given him these links, too. Blades, if you decide to use the console, use only the player.additem command to obtain the Vampire Cure Potion. However, doing this will break the related Quest and you will need to use the console again to fix it or the Quest stages will be permanently stuck in your log.

You can manually advance through the Quest to a desired point using the console. Have a look at this link. So, instead of using the console to simply obtain the potion, you can use the console to advance through all the related stages until you reach Stage 70, where the two potions will be automatically added to your inventory. You will then be able to go to Count Hassildor and play the rest of the Quest normally. This is far more secure than simply adding the potion with the player.additem command.

I would suggest you that, if you decide the SetStage method, to advance only to stage 60. You will then have all the ingredients and can go to Melisandre, ask her to make the potion, wait the 24 hours period, return to her, et cetera.

Do not skip any stage. If you don't know which stage are you in, open the console, and use the command

getstage ms40

and the console will tell you. Assuming you are in Stage 40 (since you know you need bloodgrass but you still haven't any), then open the console and type

setstage ms40 41

hit enter, a popup message will appear informing you of your advance in the quest, close it, then open again the console and again

setstage ms40 42

and so. Pay attention to the numbers given by the Quest Stages table I linked.

This way, the game will think you played normally all the Quest and will avoid bugs or corrupted savegames.

Cheers!