Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Blades!

You missed my second edit, the command is player.additem, not giveitem as in the old KotOR games.

Yes, when I tell you to click on anything to see its EditorID, I always mean in console mode. Be careful, once you have an item or actor EditorID in the upper side of your screen in console mode, it remains there even during playing mode, so, if you forgot that, the next time you open the console, the item or actor will still be selected, even if you disabled it.

But returning to our locked door or chest, yes, you bring up console, click on the door or chest so its EdID is shown, and then type

unlock

Every time I give you a command, I will type it here exactly like you must type it in your console, do not worry about decyphering it. Just type anything exactly like I told you. Let's make a quick experiment:

open console, make sure that NOTHING is selected (the upper part of the console screen shows NO EDID, not even the two quotation marks for items than do not have EdIDs), if you can see some strange name and numbers there, then click anything else, then click again until there's no text in the upper part of the screen, so... well, you get the idea. Nothing selected in console.

Then, type

tcl

(tee, cee, el) hit enter and exite console. Enjoy.

Cheers!

lol yes.. i see that now

i managed to find key in the end though

guess what i had to resist though that i found in the list of add items...was very tempting?

smiles

Of course I can guess.

The Skeleton Key.

Cheers!

If you'd instead done player.additem 85083 1 it would have worked Blades, but Ike is right ... the console is a very sharp double edged sword. You can do irreparable damage with it (irreparable to your save game at least).

The first thing popped into my mind was player.additem f 1000000 (and after you try that one to see what it does player.removeitem f 1000000 will put things back to right).

Ike didn't mention, but tcl is a toggle. Use it the first time it turns collision off, do it again and it turns it back on. If you are pretending to be the subject of Aldos' song make sure you can survive the aftermath of your second tcl.

Crruunnch!!

That would be a good training for when he installs Shivering Isles and eventually pisses off Sheogorath one little too much.

I did in fact and knowing the tcl trick would have helped me to not make that pretty squashy sound against the ground.

Or perhaps not, since, now I remember, that is a scripted death and not even God Mode can prevent it.

Oops, did I say that aloud?

Cheers!

lol yes.. i see that now

i managed to find key in the end though

guess what i had to resist though that i found in the list of add items...was very tempting?

smiles

Of course I can guess.

The Skeleton Key.

Cheers!

Hi Ike

Noooooooooo..... adding GOLD LOL

Can you add the skeleton key then?

Thought i would pop in to let you know I am still alive and most importantly, NOT a vampire lol

Am wandering around the wilderness, picking herbs and raiding dungeons etc. Will now go into the city somewhere and pick up quests and join some guilds

Hope you're both well

Hey, Blades!

We're both well, And keeping an eye here constantly.

Striker already gave you the console command for adding gold, lol, the EdId for gold is a simple f letter.

Yes, the Skeleton Key can be obtained with console, but since it's a Quest Reward Item, it's advisable to complete it related quest (Boethia's Daedric Quest) in order to obtain it. TIP: Boethia will like you more if you're a high-ranking member of the Thieves Guild.

When joining factions, be aware that you can join more than one, but the other factions will frown upon you if you're a Thief or an Assassin. But these two factions are the more funny of all. Not for "good" characters, their missions will skyrocket your Infamy counter.

About Alchemy, collect ingredients with the Restore Health effect. Restore Health potions are way more effective than Potions of Healing.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Good to hear you can enjoy the sunshine Blade. If you ever hook up with Vilja she won't need to complain about having to wear long languid dresses and lounge about all day waiting for you.

It's not just the console that can "wreck" your game ... there are plenty of "God mods" (and lot's that are but you won't find listed under that category). Even some features of ordinary mods may not sit right with your gameplay style. Learning to use restraint is also part of the game.

For example, if a house mod comes with enchanting altars I just ignore them as though they were just another decoration. Either gives me a reason to join the Mage's guild or acquire the keys to Frostcrag (I use a quest delayer suite for all the DLCs so you don't just get a ton of game changing stuff right at the start ... you need to satisfy the "price of admission" requirements first).

Many wouldn't enjoy my gameplay style, and that's OK. Find out what yours is and then discover the mods that will enhance it.

- Edit - And Ike, I'll have you know I've had a sort of bad cold the last 4 or 5 days, and it's been a bit unpleasant, and sometimes it's made me even grumpier than usual ... AND now that I'm on the mend, made me very glad I had to walk only a few steps in your shoes (don't think I'd have survived a mile). Maybe Blade can send me some of those potions.

Edited by Striker879

Yep, Striker, I saw you going around here growling at and biting newbies with silly questions/not willing to read descriptions or readmes. I assumed you had either a cold, the flu, or caught your thumb finger on a door hinge.

My gamplay style also has evolved with the years. My first playtrhus were "going around blindly swirling a sword", collecting as many loot as I could (Dyogenes syndrome) and mostly not knowing what the hell I was doing.

Later, when I discovered the command console, all was player.giveitem this or that, coc here or there, and kill anything in sight.

Nowadays, my PC is far more cerebral and scheming. I rarely use console. The first thing I do is maxing up Sneak and Marksman. I really love silently entering a fort, Ayleid ruin or cave and bring the sweet touch of Death to anything that moves there.

Oh, the times when my sole presence in Nirn was catalogued as an Extinction Level Event...

Cheers!

EDIT: about us interchanging shoes, now that you mention it, past week I caught a little cold too, and forced me to blow the dust off my breath mask. Had I have a dog, I could have passed the time making funny noises at him and telling him "Join me". But we don't have a dog here, and going Darth-Vader-esque with the budgerigar is not quite the same.

Edited by IkeCoast

Best hope that Budgie isn't good at learning to imitate ... could make it interesting when it invites visitors to "Join me". Maybe throw in a little "Luke ... I'm your father" for effect.

Enhanced Economy, Basic Primary Needs and Basic Physical Activities/Realistic Fatigue have really had a big impact on my evolving play style. Used to be I'd add extra enchantments to everything I could wear (feather and fortify strength) and using kuertee's Magicka based enchantment limits mod I could easily go too far in multi-enchanting each piece. The BPA/RF combo has forced me out of my "carry everything I might possibly ever need" ways into "leave everything possible in the packdonkey's pack", and to date I haven't enchanted anything. My guy has just got the Frostcrag key however, and magetallowed the Spell altar (needed something to deal with those dammed wisps). We'll see how good I am at following my own "restraint" advice.