Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

Yep, Striker, I saw you going around here growling at and biting newbies with silly questions/not willing to read descriptions or readmes. I assumed you had either a cold, the flu, or caught your thumb finger on a door hinge.

My gamplay style also has evolved with the years. My first playtrhus were "going around blindly swirling a sword", collecting as many loot as I could (Dyogenes syndrome) and mostly not knowing what the hell I was doing.

Later, when I discovered the command console, all was player.giveitem this or that, coc here or there, and kill anything in sight.

Nowadays, my PC is far more cerebral and scheming. I rarely use console. The first thing I do is maxing up Sneak and Marksman. I really love silently entering a fort, Ayleid ruin or cave and bring the sweet touch of Death to anything that moves there.

Oh, the times when my sole presence in Nirn was catalogued as an Extinction Level Event...

Cheers!

EDIT: about us interchanging shoes, now that you mention it, past week I caught a little cold too, and forced me to blow the dust off my breath mask. Had I have a dog, I could have passed the time making funny noises at him and telling him "Join me". But we don't have a dog here, and going Darth-Vader-esque with the budgerigar is not quite the same.

Hi Guys

I have been very good not using console to much. Only thing i used it for was getting arrows and lockpicks

Ike, thats exactly what i have been doing also, i always sneak around around in dungeons and use marksman (although i am a warrior class), but i love to do that and i figured, getting my sneak up will also help me later on..maybe

I have now joined the mages and the fighter guilds as well and also doing some quests around Cheydinhal just stopped a quest though as i read that Ulrich in needed for a major battle in main quest

Having fun though, but will be here if i need advice :)

all the best

ps...glad i did not have any silly questions to ask in last 4 days lol...sends a nice big healing flask to Striker

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're luckier than you figure, Blades. The other day, a very pretentious and arrogant girl endend fleeing screaming and with Striker's dentures still gnawing her right cheek.

And I don't mean the facial cheek.

By the way, Blades, you can postpone the Main Quest for as long as you want. There's no hurry. However, as soon as you have ade contact with Martin Septim, the Mythic Dawn will start to spawn and eventually you will find yourself FORCED to go through the Main Quest.

Not that this is a bad thing. All the Side Quests you did not complete or take before finishing the Main Quest will still be available after it. Additionally, some other new Side Quests will only trigger once you complete the MQ.

Be careful if you decide to install the Knights of the Nine Plug-in, since some characters get killed during it and it could break some Side Quests you may have pending (like the Achieve Mastery quests).

Oh, Striker, the budgie is innocuous. The danger comes from the cockatiel. It soon learned to mimic the cat's meows, and to ask anyone who passes by its cage "WHAT'S UP???" mimicking my voice and laugh maniacally. I would never play silly games with that monster.

Cheers!

Chuggs the potion of Fix Cold ... ahh, much better. Thanks

Now I know why all the Cairn Bolete and Lady's Mantle had been picked whenever I got there. And just for the record, it was barely a nibble and my teeth are still right where they started.

I've grown fond of Ulrich's "Don't know you"s, so it's always high on my list to keep him alive past the big Bruma battle. If you start that Cheydinhal quest he loses his essential status, so then you'll have two you need to keep an eye on before the big gate opens. Learn some Convalescence spells Blade.

Plus, if you do that quest you don't get to hear Aldos sing any more. Always seems like you lose more than you gain with the paltry reward. And as an added bonus you get the citizens grumbling about the fines ... if they don't have that to grumble about who knows they might take exception to the colour of your shoes or something (grumbling's good for them, keeps them focused).

The game is loaded with "gotcha"s like that ... offering up quests that have a big effect on other quests with no way of knowing that you are in fact cutting your own foot off with a dull rusty iron dagger. I suppose it was to give the game "replayability" (as in "Next time I play this game I won't do that again").

hi guys

the 'fledgling' has become a great hawk... i have rescued Kvatch lol

Am wondering though, if the town will be rebuilt.. is there a mod to do this perhaps?

Have also started closing oblivion gates...great fun !

am having some issues with Neser (wrong spelling i expect), she keeps getting left behind, then suddenly appears on a road somewhere. Any idea how to recall her, if happens again pls?

Hope you're both well

thanks

Hey, Blades!

Whoa, look at these wings of you! Magnificent!

Yep, there are some mods that reconstruct Kvatch once the Main Quest is finished. The most popular and praised is Kvatch Rebuilt. Zaldiir is right now making upgrades and bugfixes, and an update is imminent, so wait a while before running (or flying) to lay your claws on it.

In vanilla Oblivion, Kvatch is never restored. Neither does the Imperial... oops, spoiler!

About Nesure, yes, getting left behind is something usual in Companions. They're not as quick as you when you run. Usually, when they are left behind, they automaticallly teleport to you, but if not, when you lose track of her, equip the Partners Ring and she will be teleported to you. Or was it the Partners Warp Ring? One teleports the Companion/s to your current location, and the other teleports both you and your companion to a preset location (by default, Imperial City). I never remember which is which. This is unavoidable, as far as I know, the Partners disappearing because they can't run as fast as you.

If you have troubles with Nesure not going through an Oblivion Gate or losing her equipment when you close one, that was a known bug of old versions of CM Partners, and it's supposed to be fixed in the current one, but anyways it can happen sometimes. It's advisable to not take companions with you when going through an Oblivion Gate.

Keep having fun!

Cheers!

All hail the Hero of Kvatch!!

I think the Partner ring is for getting them to come to you (unless you used one of the commands to get them to stay or stand guard) and the warp ring is to send you and the partners to a position you've marked with the Mark command. You need to have Shivering Isles installed for the rings to work (thus back when I used CMs I couldn't use the rings as I didn't have SI installed at the time).

One trick to use if you are bringing partners into Oblivion gates is to make sure that all the bad guys are dead and your partners are all right next to you before you grab the Sigil stone. Best way to be certain that none are still in combat mode is sheath your weapon and see that they all sheath theirs before grabbing the stone. They do come in handy for hauling out the loot, but if you don't make sure they are with you and not in combat you'll lose everything that CM is toting.

Once you've saved the world I'll have a suggestion for you.

Striker, by the waym, the HGEC version is finished (more or less). Check the Recruitment Thread for more info.

Also, I uploaded the HGEC patch for version 1.0, just in case somebody is still interested.

Hmmmm, that's right, the Rings come from the Shivering Isles + Oblivion version, but I think you don't need to HAVE Shivering Isles installed. I remember having this version of CM Partners with the rings, without having SI installed yet. Or something.

Cheers!

PD: your face when saying that about the suggestion was... pintoresque, I'm interested too, then.

Hi Guys

i might have to get some of the expansions at some point then....even though, the CM ring would probably, work with out (depending who I believe is correct lol).

I did notice that Nesure had lost her helmet, last time i came out of an Oblivion gate...odd!

Where is best place to get the expansions...Steam?

thanks

Oh ... have you saved the world too Ike?? Can't tell you if you haven't saved the world.

Check your downloaders history on the HGEC patch ... been there, done that. I'm assuming that we're still waiting for the big updated version though, right ... you know the one where I had to give blood to be considered worthy and all that good stuff.

Are you using the Steam version now or a disk version?

I think with Steam you need to buy the full meal deal GotY Deluxe to get everything. As far as I know there isn't any other way to get the expansions/DLCs ... hot flash ... I just recently bought the Morrowind GotY through Amazon ... guess what they also have Oblivion GotY for PC.