Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

OK ... sounds like maybe you're OK. After you load the fixed save the game will go back to the regular save names (so for my guy after fixing "Save 1159 - Athal Sarano - Shetcombe Farm, Level 13, Playing Time 296.14.01.ess" and then loading "OAF_Save 1159 - Athal Sarano - Shetcombe Farm, Level 13, Playing Time 296.14.01.ess" his next save would be named "Save 1160 - Athal Sarano - Shetcombe Farm, Level 13, Playing Time 296.14.01.ess").

Notice my guy's playing time (296 hours). I've fixed that save line twice, though neither time did I let it get so bad I had any stuck animations. If you look at the Legion rider's torch flames you can tell it's getting close to time to fix again ... the flames start getting lazy little flame bits following along behind. That's the signal ... fix time again.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent!! Don't forget to check in now and then to let us know you're doing well and livin' in Tamriel. And do let me know when you've saved the world ... I haven't forgotten that I promised a little something as a reward.

I suppose you will pardon me for using this thread for my own purposes, but there's something unrelated to your misdemeanors, Blades, that I want to tell Unca Striker.

It's regarding this conversation.

I felt tempted to post there to tell you and your interlocutor that I felt horrorized by your collection habits, but the sheer truth is that I just raised an eyebrow and thought:

"How childish. So much fine steak tartare pointlessly wasted".

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast

And why do you think I reconsidered and asked for the mask that Barney so willingly traded for gold? If captured I'd rather the opportunity to "enjoy" my captors (as well as keeping the herd healthy). I thought it may be best to take that particular mask out of "circulation".

- Edit - To truly appreciate the "art of collection" one needs to employ this skeleton, and all the trimmings of course.

Edited by Striker879

Hiya

someone mentioned something about a 'skeleton key' quest at some point.

Can you give em info on this please and where to start it

Am enjoying closing gates atm...wandering around the wilderness (I walk mostly everywhere) ...good way to get gear as well LOL

BTW. I seem to have 'lost' nesure again and also cant find the Partners recall ring in my inventory :(

thanks

Edited by xbladekiller

Note that you need to be level 10 to start Nocturnal's Daedric quest (Blades ... don't click the link if you don't want to see a complete walkthrough of the quest ... click this one for just a map to get you pointed in the right direction).

Once you have the Skeleton Key in your inventory you won't be able to level up your Security skill if it is currently at 60 or greater (you can however leave it in a non-respawning container and then you'll be able to level Security ... just be certain it's a non-respawning container or you'll lose it).

- Edit - :ninja: ... up one on you again Ike!!

Edited by Striker879

The Skeleton Key is the reward for completing one of the Daedric Quests, namely Nocturnal's.

You need to be level 10 at least, these Quests are disabled until then.

Once you are level 10, search for the Shrine of Nocturnal (hint: it's somewhere north of Leyawiin, east of the Niben). It's very close to the Yellow Road.

Once you have located it, speak with Nocturnal's worshippers there.

Cheers!

Here's a little "pre-present" for you Blades. Considering you are a gate closing machine I'm certain you've also been collecting plenty of essentially useless sigil stones along with the few the game let you have that are actually useful.

Not any longer ... Sigil Stone Selector. Use the one for the vanilla game (SigilStoneSelector.esp), the other ones are for people who use other sigil stone mods and/or overhauls, pretty sure your not in that group ... yet.

Here's a little "pre-present" for you Blades. Considering you are a gate closing machine I'm certain you've also been collecting plenty of essentially useless sigil stones along with the few the game let you have that are actually useful.

Not any longer ... Sigil Stone Selector. Use the one for the vanilla game (SigilStoneSelector.esp), the other ones are for people who use other sigil stone mods and/or overhauls, pretty sure your not in that group ... yet.

Hi Striker

I was wondering about the stones and yes, I am building up a collection of them, so i will have a look at that mod at some point...thanks

EDIT: Which esp file do i put into the data foldr? There is also a data folder.. do i transfer this also?

On a separate point. What is the best way to send a pic of my mod lists here..wanted to make sure it looks ok to you ie order etc

Also, Ike, I seem to have lost Nesure and cant find the Partners ring to call her

thanks

Edited by xbladekiller