Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

Hey, Blades!

That's strange, the Partners RIng should have been added to your inventory as soon as you started the game with CM installed, but Striker should be right and if you installed the Oblivion Only version, then the Rings are not included.

Where did you lost Nesure? Inside an Oblivion Gate? Because if she's on Cyrodiil she should have teleported to you eventually.

Unfortunately, without knowing the RefId of the placed instance for Nesure on your game, we can't use the moveto.player command to "rescue" her.

I don't remember if I made her and Finlan a Quest Item. Try making the CM Partners Quest your active Quest. If I indeed made her a Quest Item, her location on the map should be shown.

If not, I'm afraid you have lost her on the Planes of Oblivion, and since you cannot go back to a previously visited Oblivion Plane, you cannot rescue her.

If you have a previous savegame where you still had her with you, try this:

Load this savegame, bring up console, click on Nesure and write down her RefId.

Do not save, instead, load your current savegame where you have lost her. Bring the console and type

prid NesureRefId

it is, you must type the

prid

command followed by the numbers you wrote down before, the Nesure's RefId

In the upper part of the window should appear "Nesure" (RefId).

Now, type

moveto.player

and she should be teleported to your location.

However, if when using the prid command nothing shows up in the upper part of the window and the console gives an error message, then Nesure's current placed instance has been deleted from the game. You need to respawn a new placed instance, but you need her BaseId, I'll try to look at my esp to know it.

Or you exit the game, disable Nesure's esp, load the game, save, exit the game, activate again Nesure's esp, load the game, and go to the Prison Yards where she has respawned. She will be amnesiac and won't recognize you, due to the PTS the battle at the Oblivion World caused her. Since you're now a skilled warrior she should accept to re-join you. If not, bribe her. Powerful gentleman is Mister Money.

Next time you go with her into an Oblivion Gate, before taking the Sygil Stone make sure everything but you and Nesure is dead, she is not in combat mode, and she is right next to you. This way she will not (hopefully) get lost again.

Sorry. It's one of the limitations of the companion system, not only CM Partners, vanilla companions also suffer from this.

About images: below the input box there is a button labeled "More reply options". Click it and the advanced editor will appear. There, below the input box, is the Attach Files option.

You also could upload your image to some hosting service like ImageShack or so, and use the Insert Image button on the upper button bar in the text editor to directly insert the image into your post.

Cheers!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a little "pre-present" for you Blades. Considering you are a gate closing machine I'm certain you've also been collecting plenty of essentially useless sigil stones along with the few the game let you have that are actually useful.

Not any longer ... Sigil Stone Selector. Use the one for the vanilla game (SigilStoneSelector.esp), the other ones are for people who use other sigil stone mods and/or overhauls, pretty sure your not in that group ... yet.

Hi Striker

I was wondering about the stones and yes, I am building up a collection of them, so i will have a look at that mod at some point...thanks

EDIT: Which esp file do i put into the data foldr? There is also a data folder.. do i transfer this also?

On a separate point. What is the best way to send a pic of my mod lists here..wanted to make sure it looks ok to you ie order etc

Also, Ike, I seem to have lost Nesure and cant find the Partners ring to call her

thanks

Use the SigilStoneSelector.esp ... the other ones are for if you have various other mods installed that are somewhat compatible with the Sigil Stone Selector mod.

It's just an ESP so all you need to do is download to a folder, extract using 7-Zip and then navigate in Windows Explorer until SigilStoneSelector.esp is showing. Right mouse click on it and select Copy from the right click menu. Then navigate in Windows Explorer to your game's Oblivion\Data folder. Right click on the Data folder and select Paste. Activate SigilStoneSelector.esp in whichever mod manager you are using (or using the vanilla launcher Data Files ... just remember to not start the game from there ... OBSE remember).

The sigil stones you've already collected can't be changed, but the next time you grab a stone to close a gate you'll be presented with some menus to select which stone you want. No more Turn Undead/Detect Life stones ... woohoo!

Hey, Blades!

That's strange, the Partners RIng should have been added to your inventory as soon as you started the game with CM installed, but Striker should be right and if you installed the Oblivion Only version, then the Rings are not included.

Where did you lost Nesure? Inside an Oblivion Gate? Because if she's on Cyrodiil she should have teleported to you eventually.

Unfortunately, without knowing the RefId of the placed instance for Nesure on your game, we can't use the moveto.player command to "rescue" her.

I don't remember if I made her and Finlan a Quest Item. Try making the CM Partners Quest your active Quest. If I indeed made her a Quest Item, her location on the map should be shown.

If not, I'm afraid you have lost her on the Planes of Oblivion, and since you cannot go back to a previously visited Oblivion Plane, you cannot rescue her.

If you have a previous savegame where you still had her with you, try this:

Load this savegame, bring up console, click on Nesure and write down her RefId.

Do not save, instead, load your current savegame where you have lost her. Bring the console and type

prid NesureRefId

it is, you must type the

prid

command followed by the numbers you wrote down before, the Nesure's RefId

In the upper part of the window should appear "Nesure" (RefId).

Now, type

moveto.player

and she should be teleported to your location.

However, if when using the prid command nothing shows up in the upper part of the window and the console gives an error message, then Nesure's current placed instance has been deleted from the game. You need to respawn a new placed instance, but you need her BaseId, I'll try to look at my esp to know it.

Or you exit the game, disable Nesure's esp, load the game, save, exit the game, activate again Nesure's esp, load the game, and go to the Prison Yards where she has respawned. She will be amnesiac and won't recognize you, due to the PTS the battle at the Oblivion World caused her. Since you're now a skilled warrior she should accept to re-join you. If not, bribe her. Powerful gentleman is Mister Money.

Next time you go with her into an Oblivion Gate, before taking the Sygil Stone make sure everything but you and Nesure is dead, she is not in combat mode, and she is right next to you. This way she will not (hopefully) get lost again.

Sorry. It's one of the limitations of the companion system, not only CM Partners, vanilla companions also suffer from this.

About images: below the input box there is a button labeled "More reply options". Click it and the advanced editor will appear. There, below the input box, is the Attach Files option.

You also could upload your image to some hosting service like ImageShack or so, and use the Insert Image button on the upper button bar in the text editor to directly insert the image into your post.

Cheers!

Hi Guys

Did the esp file ok..thanks striker

Ike. the CM ring used to be there, as i saw it once, but dont see/find it now....I will see if I can get her back soon

thanks

Hey, Blades!

I think I remember both CM Partners Rings being Quest Items and hence undroppable. Both should still be in your inventory.

Perhaps I'm wrong and both rings can be dropped. If that's what happened and you unadvertently dropped it, then... you need to reload the CM Partners mod, not just Nesure's esp.

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast

Just so Striker and I can point at you with our fingers and lau... er... I mean... be aware of what happened for future references, where did you find the ring, Blades?

Cheers!

I remember my first guy lost the Jewel of Rumare when he got jumped by a bandit near the bridge just west of Fanacasecul. There I am all flustered looking for something in my inventory ... rushing like she was still able to beat on me while in the inventory menu ... doh, such noobness. Anyway I close the menu and out of the corner of my eye I spy the ring disappear down the hill, never to be seen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Have fun, Blades!

And remember to have some time to relax between Oblivion Gate and Oblivion Gate. Do something quiet, easy, like, obliterating the entire population fo ogres in a cave or bringing extinction to the Necromancers at some fort. Something relaxing.

Cheers!