Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it. Not everyone is cut out to become the Champion of Cyrodiil.

Apparently Ike has exterminating on his mind a lot.

Get a little NPCs Yield Refined. When some cute little bandit says she's had enough use a little console magic ("moddisposition 14 125" and then "addscriptpackage 9828a") and lure ... errm, I mean lead her to some secluded spot (umm, do you know the way to Shetcome Farm) kill her inside, leave the building, save and then exit the game. Load your save, go back in and "resurrect 1" her, kick back, have a seat, maybe something to eat, maybe even have a few too many brewskis (Basic Primary Needs), maybe fall down a bunch of times, sleep it off ... you know, really relax.

And if you drop around every couple of days (before the cell resets) she can give you the "happy to see you" (Personality Idles - Modified version - NPCs and companions ... further modified by me). You can be Ricky Ricardo ... Lucy I'm home!!!

Edited by Striker879

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun, Blades!

And remember to have some time to relax between Oblivion Gate and Oblivion Gate. Do something quiet, easy, like, obliterating the entire population fo ogres in a cave or bringing extinction to the Necromancers at some fort. Something relaxing.

Cheers!

Hi Ike

Ohhh I do...love killing the necromancers... they are horrid lol.... i do a lot of wandering around the wilderness and discovering forts etc... i usually walk, rather than teleport to locations :)

Yup, Blades, I only use fast travel when in a hurry. Most of the time I walk (walk, not run) thorough the wilderness. How would I enjoy the landscapes, the peace of the forest, the joy of mass slaughtering anything that comes too close to me?

I love the countryside.

Cheers!

Get a little NPCs Yield Refined. When some cute little bandit says she's had enough use a little console magic ("moddisposition 14 125" and then "addscriptpackage 9828a") and lure ... errm, I mean lead her to some secluded spot (umm, do you know the way to Shetcome Farm) kill her inside, leave the building, save and then exit the game. Load your save, go back in and "resurrect 1" her, kick back, have a seat, maybe something to eat, maybe even have a few too many brewskis (Basic Primary Needs), maybe fall down a bunch of times, sleep it off ... you know, really relax.

http://media.giphy.com/media/vEvpE36f819lK/giphy.gif

Blades, I will distract him. You try to reach the door without being noticed.

Cheers!

Where'd Blades go ... I didn't see him leave.

Ike, you're good with eyes in OCO v2, could you transplant those onto BanditMelee03 for me ... pretty please!! Not the hair, I'm not a hair guy. Just eyes and umm ... other things.

No fast travel is why my guy needs the 15 day cell respawn. Otherwise I can't get anything done. Every time you go by the spawn point you need to bonk another head, then you've got too much stuff so you need to find a town. Then there's more bonking ... and on and on. A couple of weeks later my guy finally arrives where he'd been headed but can't remember why he wanted to go there.

With the cell respawn bumped up I can say travel up to Frostcrag (with a stop in Bruma to unload stuff at Fjotreid's), maybe go down to the IC to buy another Frostcrag upgrade, stop in for a visit with my sweetie at Vindasel, and then when I head back to Frostcrag to check out the new upgrade I won't need a Bruma stop as my pockets will still be empty when I arrive.

Helps keep my guy moving on to new areas too, otherwise I tend to just run the simple travel/bonk/sell/repeat routes.

Striker, as long as this transplanting thing does not involve FaceGen Exchange and stuff like that, just old scalpels, scissors, shaws, mallets and lots of screaming, then I'm your man. Just tell me what you need to be put on her and consider it done.

In fact today I have been busy Frankensteining (or should I say "Frankenfurtering"?) with the Herrings. Now I need a break. Lucky I will have this laptop of my bro-in-law all the week. I'm going to try Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.

Cheers!

Frankenfurtering ... sounds like something I'll want to take a pass on. Just thinking of letting you near "my guy" with the tools you've described gives me severe "shrinkage". Think I'll go jump in the lake to try to get some "growage" back (if I can move the ice floes far enough apart to get in that is).

I'd be interested in your take on how hardware heavy MOO is compared to semi-vanilla (mods no overhauls). I've held off on MOO, first because the upcoming features always made me think "next version" and second because I've grown accustomed to putting things off until my "next machine" gets built (and that it seems will always occur tomorrow). My current box isn't super lame ... mostly just video card challenged.

Jumping on the lake is a bad idea. I'm an Abysmer, remember?

And MOO is superbly compatible with a low-end computer. It's all scripting, and the meshes and textures for the new creatures and look are easy for this laptop.

Or at least I think they are, because even with the lowest difficulty level, what I am doing mostly now is dying violently, in a cloud of blood, killed by something I never see coming.

But sooner or later I will see it coming. And kiss it.

Kiss it deeply.

I'm loving this. Oh, and MOO levelling system means that I cannot use Abysmer equipment until I reach the respective Master levels.

Google Doctor Frank'n'furter. Or simply Tim Curry.

Cheers!

Keep in mind that MOO makes the wilderness the most dangerous place for low level characters. Stay close to the cities, or at least a quick jog's distance from the safety of water and speedy getaway my scaly slimy friend.

I was talking about being right at the Sewer Exit. I even had not crossed to Vilverin yet.

I know what was killing me.

A mudcrab

Roasted mudcrab, anyone?

Cheers!