Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

Aww ... but Ike, the bugs stopped bugging me when I tried it, and nothing bugs me more than bugs bugging me.

The most gates you can get in a normal vanilla game is 60 Blades, and that is counting the Great Gate quest gate. My first two characters were "completionists" so I know how hard it is to find all 60 gates. There are 100 possible gate locations in the game, and at different stages of the Main quest the percent chance a gate will open when your character is near one of those spots varies between 25% after Find the Heir to 50% after the Dagon Shrine quest and then back down to 25% after your deliver the amulet back to Martin following the Paradise quest.

To get the maximum number of possible gates open you also need to travel around to the potential spots until your get up to the maximum random gate count before you reach certain milestones in the Main quest. If you haven't discovered 50 random gates before the Paradise quest you will either be maxed at your current count or if you haven't already closed 20 random gates you'll be maxed at 30 (ten fixed gates plus 20 random).

I wouldn't be Sir Links-a-Lot without the obligatory link Oblivion:Oblivion Gates. Now where did I put those crusty old rotten socks ...

Ike, oh Ike ... com'ere old buddy, I have a special treat for you ...

Edited by Striker879

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike, oh Ike ... com'ere old buddy, I have a special treat for you ...

Not until you have bathed in Napalm for at least two hours. Don't come any closer, I have a taser gun and will use it if my olfactory glands survival depends on it.

Cheers!

LOL ... used to fly in a Janes WWII Fighters squadron led by a guy named Pissin Napalm ... eventually had to change it so people would take him seriously (to just Napalm ... that was back in the day you could pick plain old Striker or Napalm and 50 other guys hadn't already picked it).

Yup ... had a whole long quote he'd paste into the chat before every post (made a rather poor first impression, but he really was an alright guy and better dogfighter than I).

Well "was" because I haven't run across his six in years ... though I did see him once after the Janes site shutdown on a server for another old game ... some Microsoft Mech Warrior thing I think that didn't grab my attention for long. We had a nice remember when session though before parting ways once again.

- Edit - Err, once again, sorry for turning this into an Ike and Striker chat line Blades.

- Edit 2 - But heck, I do link some relevant stuff once in a while, right??

Edited by Striker879