Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

Blades, while you certainly can use the console to go straight to a particular stage, skipping the previous ones, I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO DO SO.

It could cause issues and even break the Quest. Bear in mind, when using the console to advance through a Quest, you cannot go back. If you go directly to stage 42 and then find that your game does not register the previous stages as completed, and thus does not allow you to further advance the quest, you cannot use the console to "go back" and fix these stages.

So my advice is to use the console setstage chronologically.

Most Quests have multi-option stages, so be aware of which numbers you put in the setstage command.

Cheers!

Edit: you can, however, complete at once a Quest using the console. You have two ways to do so:

Make sure the quest you want to complete is your current Active Quest. Open console and type

completequest ms40

(for the Vampire Quest, for instance)

or alternatively

setstage ms40 100

But, for Quest with a win-or-fail scenario, you can't know for sure which one will be picked by the game if you use the first method. Use the second, paying attention which one of the "Finishes Quest" stages are listed in the Quest Page at the UESP Wiki. Moreover, it's perfectly possible that the game does not give your the associated rewards for completing a Quest.

So my advice is still the same: use setstage chronologically.

BONUS TIP: Having a hard time fighting something? Open console, click the character that is giving you the hard issues, make sure its FormId and EdId (name and alphanumerical value) are shown in the upper part of the screen, and then type

kill

voilà.

Edited by IkeCoast

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh ... I'll use that juicy worm to snag a wonderful fish for my PRECIOUS.

Ike is opening your eyes to the Wonderful World of Console. Many interesting Striker "mini-games" begin with that little console prompt.

I see now how I managed to ninja Ike on the vampirism links ... he was merely waiting for me to display that I am but a padawan. I bow to the Master.

hi Ike

I tried to recruit Nesure, but she would not join... said she does not know me enough or something

have i missed something...she also has a guardian ghost with her, which i could not interact with and there did not seem to be any other options

thanks

ps.after doing the console thing to complete quest. I notice that Vampirism is still in Active Effects list, but it is also in completed quests and i seem to be ok in sunlight. Just wondered why?

pps... after doing the console thing to complete quest. went to the witches house in order to steal her grand soul gem. I wait (T) so it was night time, so she was sleeping, then I could sneak into her basement, but during one of the waits, I was bitten again... does this mean i have to find a cure again or just drink cure poison potion?

can i use console to stop this happening?

thanks

Edited by xbladekiller

Hey, Blades!

Nesure will not agree to join you until your level and fame points are high enough, and since you're still level one, for her, a seasoned warrior and woman of action, you are no more than a child playing with a wooden sword. Try again when you are level 5. Or use the Persuasion mini-game to raise her disposition towards you (I doubt you have gold enough to bribe her). Same applies to all the CM Partners.

EDIT: Yes, Nesure is a Dunmer and she has the Summon Guardian Ghost power, but you can't interact with it. It's HER guardian, not yours.

I'm not sure what happens with your Vampire Cure quest. Did you DRINK the potion the witch gave you? ANd why do you want to steal anything from her? ANd no, once you have cured your vampirism, you can contract again Porphyric Hemophilia, yes, but not turn into a vampire. Just drink a Cure Disease potion or eat raw mandrake root.

Vampires can bite you more than once and they seem attracted to you like Angelina Jolie to orphan children. But once again, you can not be turned into a vampire more than once. In order to transform into a vampire again, you need the console, and you can use console to cure you from vampirism, yes, but not to stop vampires using you as a eat-all-you-want-buffet.

Make sure you DRINK the cure vampirism potion.

Striker, you genuinely ninjaed me with the UESP links, really. Nobody's perfect (although Joe/Daphne almost was).

Cheers!

Edited by IkeCoast

Hey, Blades!

Nesure will not agree to join you until your level and fame points are high enough, and since you're still level one, for her, a seasoned warrior and woman of action, you are no more than a child playing with a wooden sword. Try again when you are level 5. Or use the Persuasion mini-game to raise her disposition towards you (I doubt you have gold enough to bribe her). Same applies to all the CM Partners.

EDIT: Yes, Nesure is a Dunmer and she has the Summon Guardian Ghost power, but you can't interact with it. It's HER guardian, not yours.

I'm not sure what happens with your Vampire Cure quest. Did you DRINK the potion the witch gave you? ANd why do you want to steal anything from her? ANd no, once you have cured your vampirism, you can contract again Porphyric Hemophilia, yes, but not turn into a vampire. Just drink a Cure Disease potion or eat raw mandrake root.

Vampires can bite you more than once and they seem attracted to you like Angelina Jolie to orphan children. But once again, you can not be turned into a vampire more than once. In order to transform into a vampire again, you need the console, and you can use console to cure you from vampirism, yes, but not to stop vampires using you as a eat-all-you-want-buffet.

Make sure you DRINK the cure vampirism potion.

Striker, you genuinely ninjaed me with the UESP links, really. Nobody's perfect (although Joe/Daphne almost was).

Cheers!

Hi Ike

thanks for info on my companion...makes sense :smile:

No. I did not actually drink the potion that the witch made; i did look for it at the appropriate 'setstage' place, in my inventory, but did not see it there, so proceeded with all the next levels of the setstage ms40 etc

I was wondering about the Vampirism being in my Active Effects list, AFTER the quest had been completed, via the console and then after i was bitten again...by the bad vamps, (must be something to do with those tasty worms), the same dialogue blurb appears on the screen, as it did preciously for the quest

Am hoping you're correct and i wont become a vampire after 3 days

EDIT: it did return, even after drinking a potion of cure disease... i waited 3 days and i died in sunlight , HELP!!

Thanks again

Edited by xbladekiller

Let's see, Blades. You have the Vampire Cure Quest marqued as finishes in your Journal, do you? I mean, you can no longer select it and make it the current active Quest.

Even if you used the console to advance through ALL the stages, when putting the setstage ms40 70 you should have received TWO samples of the Cure Vampirism potion.

Assuming that in fact something went wrong and you did not receive the potion, and the quest is now finished and you cannot ask Melisandre for the potions, use the command

player.giveitem 9812D 1

note the dot between player and giveitem and the spaces between player.giveitem, the first alphanumerical string and the last number. This command reads as Give the Player (player.giveitem) the Cure Vampirism potion (9812D), one bottle please (1). If you're effectively a vampire, drink it. If you're not yet a vampire but Cure Disease potions don't cure you, sleep to turn into a vampire and then drink the potion.

And don't worry if this ALSO fails. Striker and I have a final remedy to fix your condition. Striker, I have all the stakes well sharpened, how about the Holy Water you agreed to bring?

Cheers!

Give me the call ... not by night though, Blades may be hungry.

I'm allergic to vampirism. When faced with the message that started poor Blades down this journey I kept going back in my saves until a cure disease potion worked. Maybe some day I'll talk to Vicente, but not today.

Let's see, Blades. You have the Vampire Cure Quest marqued as finishes in your Journal, do you? I mean, you can no longer select it and make it the current active Quest.

Even if you used the console to advance through ALL the stages, when putting the setstage ms40 70 you should have received TWO samples of the Cure Vampirism potion.

Assuming that in fact something went wrong and you did not receive the potion, and the quest is now finished and you cannot ask Melisandre for the potions, use the command

player.giveitem 9812D 1

note the dot between player and giveitem and the spaces between player.giveitem, the first alphanumerical string and the last number. This command reads as Give the Player (player.giveitem) the Cure Vampirism potion (9812D), one bottle please (1). If you're effectively a vampire, drink it. If you're not yet a vampire but Cure Disease potions don't cure you, sleep to turn into a vampire and then drink the potion.

And don't worry if this ALSO fails. Striker and I have a final remedy to fix your condition. Striker, I have all the stakes well sharpened, how about the Holy Water you agreed to bring?

Cheers!

Hi Ike

OK... lets see if i read this right. If I type this command into the console: player.giveitem 9812D 1, then i will be given a potion to cure the vampirism?

It was definitely in the completed quest list after going through the console process

i did not actually receive the 2 potion of cure vampirism in my inventory at setstage 70, as i purposely had a look...out of curiosity.

thanks

player.giveitem 9812D 1

Cheers!

Hi Ike

grrr...second attempt at writing this, after it disappeared...these vamps are driving me crazy lol

The quest does appear in completed lit after i went through the console process

I check at stage 70 and the two potions were not in my inventory, as i stopped to have a look out of curiosity

OK...let see if I have read your instruction and understood correctly. Would the string then look like this..adding my name: dwemer. Cure Vampirism potion 9812D 1

hope this is correct

thanks

Hey, Blades. Keep the distance, I have symbols of all the known religions in my poket, ready to be stuffed down your throat if you give my neck a funny look. Would not be the first time, you know, my preference for Eyren's Vampire Hunter armor is not a coincidence.

Yes, the command I gave you serves for this very purpose. You can actually have more than one sample, just change the final 1 to whaterver you want, but with one it's enough.

Uh...

Ike's expression suddenly takes a definitely Hannibal Lecter-esque resemblance.

... I warned you about staring at my neck...

Cheers!