Oblivion Mod Manager issue

xbladekiller

Hey Blade ... I'm back.

As I mentioned, the Carry All You Want mod is quite unusual for what you will normally find downloading mods. The mod author didn't bother using a compression utility like 7-Zip or WinRAR to compress the file.

When you download, click on "download manually" and in the Windows Save As dialogue box chose a location to save to (sounds like you're doing most of this using your desktop so far, so save it there). When the download is complete right mouse click on the file named "Carry all you want-5118.esp" on your desktop and select Copy from the right click menu. Next using Windows Explorer navigate until you can see your game's Data folder. Right mouse click on the Data folder and select Paste from the right click menu. Now start OBMM and in the left hand pane find Carry all you want-5118.esp and click on the box to activate it (will put a check mark in the box).

Carry All You Want is now installed.

hi Striker

Thx for your reply

I did as you said and it is now in my data folder and appears in my mod manager. I ticked it and pressed activate there, I then went to my oblivion data file folder (in launcher) and tried to tick it there, but it showed the following messsage: 'this is not a valid oblivion plugin or master file'

I also checked ingame to see if it showed up if it was activated ie carry capacity, but it was still the same

Any other suggestions pls

thanks

ps...i used another mod called, NoEncumberance, and this seems to have taken ok...i suppose this will do the same job...although i notice it only has 2 endorsements, which seems low compared to others, so i hope it is ok?

Edited by xbladekiller

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, xblade!

You only need to tick the mods ONCE, either in the OBMM or in the Data Files of the Launcher. And the "Activate" button is only for the mods in the right panel, the OMODS. The mods in the list in the left panel just need to be ticked, that's all. However, if the second mod NoEncumbrance works fine for you, then delete the Carry All You Want esp from your Data folder.

Your game is already updated to its latest version, 1.2.0416. Don't worry about the Official Patch. However...

Before we continue modding your game, we need to know if it's properly installed, updated and patched. Tell us if...

You have the Official DLCS (Knights of The Nine, Vile Lair, Thieves Den, Spell Tomes, The Orrery, Horse Armor, Mehrune's Razor, The FIghters Stronghold, Frostcrag Spire and, most importantly, Shivering Isles). You don't need them, but two of them, Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine, are usual requirements for other mods to work, not to mention that the Shivering Isles is totally awesome.

You have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and the Unofficial Plugins Patches. THey're important.

You have OBSE installed.

It would be a good idea if you post here a screencap of the main window of your OBMM, or at least a list of the mods that show in the right and left panels.

Modding the game is a little bit harder and more serious than it seems. Having a properly installed and patched game for starters is mandatory.

Once we have fine-tuned your installation, then we will mod the hell out of it.

Cheers!

Hey, xblade!

You only need to tick the mods ONCE, either in the OBMM or in the Data Files of the Launcher. And the "Activate" button is only for the mods in the right panel, the OMODS. The mods in the list in the left panel just need to be ticked, that's all. However, if the second mod NoEncumbrance works fine for you, then delete the Carry All You Want esp from your Data folder.

Your game is already updated to its latest version, 1.2.0416. Don't worry about the Official Patch. However...

Before we continue modding your game, we need to know if it's properly installed, updated and patched. Tell us if...

You have the Official DLCS (Knights of The Nine, Vile Lair, Thieves Den, Spell Tomes, The Orrery, Horse Armor, Mehrune's Razor, The FIghters Stronghold, Frostcrag Spire and, most importantly, Shivering Isles). You don't need them, but two of them, Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine, are usual requirements for other mods to work, not to mention that the Shivering Isles is totally awesome.

You have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and the Unofficial Plugins Patches. THey're important.

You have OBSE installed.

It would be a good idea if you post here a screencap of the main window of your OBMM, or at least a list of the mods that show in the right and left panels.

Modding the game is a little bit harder and more serious than it seems. Having a properly installed and patched game for starters is mandatory.

Once we have fine-tuned your installation, then we will mod the hell out of it.

Cheers!

Hi Ike

Nope, i dont have any of those expansions thsat you mentioned and the mods i have installed so far are: NoEncumberance; GlenvarCastle and Underwater....nothing else

I dont have the Unofficial Oblivion Patch and the Unofficial Plugins Patches

What is OBSE?

hope you had a good day

thanks again

Hi, xblade!

The Glenvar Castle, you say? It's one of the greatest Castles-Player Homes mods here. Very good choice.

Nope, the file you attached is not showing here. Or at least I can't see any adjunction.

Let's see:

If you can't buy the Official DLCs I mentioned, then don't worry, they're just optional, but if your Steam purchase includes them, I suggest you to install the Shivering Isles one. While the others are small additions, this is a massive new campaign with lots of fun.

The Unofficial Oblivion Patch is a patch created by the community that fixes a great amount of the bugs and errors in the game that the Official patch left uncorrected. I strongly advice you to download and install this.

OBSE is a system library of functions and commands (not a mod) that greatly enhances the game. There are lots of mods that require it in order to function, but for the moment you can pass. We will talk about it when necessity arises. Ooops, I see that somebody posted an answer here. Let's see what happened.

Cheers!

hi Ike

is this the file i download: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/5296/?tab=10&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmodarticles%2F%3Fid%3D5296&pUp=1

and do i install it like a mod or will it automatically install into oblivion and do you habe link for the plugin patches i require pls?

thanks

ps i tried to download using MM, but firefox is not recognising the address :sad:

I downloaded the files and have put then in a folder on my desktop atm...ready for instruction ie do i now drop them into the data folder?

Edited by xbladekiller