ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Continuous Beam Laser - Beta Testers needed

weijiesen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These effects look awesome. Having just felt like I understand how to create particle effects in NifSkope myself, I appreciate the herculean amount of time and energy these things require.

Unless you're smarter than the rest of us and are exporting your particle effects from an actual 3D program.

@TrickyVein

Although one can create custom particle effects entirely within Nifskope in mere minutes with much practice. . .
^^; I export from Blender using CIV IV settings.

I work as a freelance VFX Artist for indie game studios, and have put hundreds of hours into Particle effects.

I'd go with ''vastly more experienced than the rest of us'' :)

Dat bisection.

Are you also planning to add that crit kill to some vanilla weapons (e.g: the chainsaw and katana) or will it be only for this weapon?

Courier07, glad you asked.

I may be doing that, but I've got a few issues to work around.

This effect works best when it happens on a slow-firing weapon really (gives the script a chance to catch up and prevent itself from running twice).

So, say, for a Katana hit, that's pretty easy, and for a point-blank Shotgun blast, piece of cake. But for a Chainsaw... that's where it gets tricky.

So you can imagine how it is for my Beam Laser (the #1 fastest firing weapon, ever, even faster than both Flamer and Gatling Laser iirc).

I've got a mod coming later on named GORE (or possibly Surgeon Simulator NV lol ) that will debut a whole bunch of new Gore-related stuffs, so, we'll see ;)