Oblivion in Dreams

melkormgc

A couple of weeks a go I saw a dream about Oblivion. I was in jail with Modryn Oreyn from the fighters guild. Then I started attacking a guard, somehow made him drop his sword, picked it up and killed him. Then Modryn and I killed a couple of other guards. Then I started stripping the armor parts from a dead guard's body. I took a pauldron and put it on. But it was heavy armor. I thought "Well, what can I do.." since I was light armor guy. Then I yelled at Modryn who was standing on the other side of the room from where I was leaning over the dead body (this part felt really real, Modryn was checking the hall and we knew that more guards would be there very soon, we had to get moving) and I said "are you light armor or heavy armor?".

That was it. Yet it was funny how real and natural it felt even though I was talking to a grey faced alien-looking guy in some fairytale universe. I look forward to see better Oblivion dreams in the future :)

Yeah ... you know you need to take a break from Oblivion when you start having dreams about it. It's happened to me several times, both in full-blown dreams and in those little "dreamlets" you get during the hypnagogic state. I remember the latter quite vividly because when I fully awakened I was surprised at how real the experience was, even though knew I was "in-game" but it didn't propel me into a lucid state, which is generally the case when something in a dream clashes with my "reality censor" and I'm conscious of it. In each of those cases I was noticing something about the game that bugs me -- usually the repetitiveness of cave tiles.

The one full-dream I had that I've remembered anything at all about I've almost forgotten because when I awakened from it I wasn't in a situation to write it down, but I remember it involved a Khajiit, some Goblins, a cart without a horse, and wrist/ankle cuffs I was wearing, and I was in the role of my current character. I think I was being traded to the goblins in payment for a horse so the Khajiit could get on with his job, which was running arms for the criminal faction between Bravil and Leyawiin. Don't ask me how he got the cart to the goblins without a horse, but it was at Fort Teleman, which is populated by Necromancers and not by Goblins. Dreams don't have to make sense.

Great story, happened to me few days after playing it for the first time. I really was 'addicted' to the game and spent a lot of time on computer playing it. Like Ferryt, I can't remember what happened in dreams, but it's really cool thing :happy:

This is one of those.... "I've been playing Oblivion to much things" that happen to you if you DO play the game to much. Take a brake or else enjoy dreaming alien looking green dudes ;D

I remember walking out of a bar and into a street which looked a little like Banana split better cities, except there were golden cars driving around, I noted how weird this was in dream, and that there shouldn't be cars in IC or Oblivion at all. :laugh:

Guys, seriously, I must have been playing Oblivion really too much. It is not only in my dreams! Sometimes I look around the streets, the walls, the trees, and turn to my wife and say "Hmm, nice textures!" or I look at a really nicely lit building and say "Is that a mod?". Of course I do it intentionally but for a fraction of a second I really do think these things and just say them out loud to express how crazed I am! My wife also got addicted to the game because of me but she managed to pull herself off. For me it is more difficult since it comes from since Daggerfall! :D

I guess I will keep enjoying the green alien dudes as Pushkatu says :D