Best Mod Organizer for 2015

agamer

I had to reinstall my OS recently and of course lost important Skyrim data. And having been away from the game for quite some time, it seems there's been many changes to Skyrim modding.

So in a quest to try and rebuild Skyrim modding data, the best place to start seems to be in finding a good mod organizer.

I know there's a lot of information out there about mod organizers but it's been tough trying to find current information on the latest and greatest mod organizer. What works and what doesn't. What's updated and what isn't.

If anyone wants to share their knowledge about this subject, it would be much appreciated.

Edited by agamer

I'd personally recommend Nexus Mod Manager.

It's simple, it's got new features coming, it's well made, and it'll get stuff done.

Plus, it requires no extra steps. Just plug and (download and) play. :D

Just click the Install Nexus Mod Manager at the top of the Nexus.

For me personally, I find Mod Organizer to be a wonderful tool.

The main thing I like about MO is the fact that it isolates your mods from your actual Skyrim directory. There's a huge laundry list of features, but I won't state them here as I am a lazy person. :P

Check around YouTube and stuff if it interests you.

Until recently, I had always used Nexus Mod Manager. As Matthias stated above, it's simple and straight-forward. It may not have as many features as MO, but it's been around a long time and is very polished. NMM is another one to consider, especially if you don't plan to mess around with mods a ton. Like, if you just want a few and don't plan to have multiple mod setups.

Hope you find the one that suits your needs!

I admit, I'm really torn between Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer. I don't know which one would be best. I've used NMM for years and it messes up my files after awhile.

I did try MO today. I installed it, but also had NMM installed. Not sure if there were conflicts between the two programs but whatever happened, ruined my game. I mean to the point, I had to let Steam create a new Skyrim game folder. I want to install the mods again but not sure which program to use.

So in order to avoid another mess like earlier, I'm really curious about the mod managers. Is Mod Organizer fairly easy to learn? MO sounds like a great program. NMM is too but I want to try another to see if it would be better suited to my gamestyle. But then someone mentioned that NMM is coming out with new features soon. Sigh, what to do.

NMM has never had any issues for me. MO on the other hand... Plenty. However, those were not related to the mod user and instead the creator, and many have not been experienced by other mod authors.

It is a great program. I find it hard to recommend it because of my own personal issues with it, but it is a great program nonetheless. I'll stay with NMM though.

I've always used NMM. It has always worked fine for me. As Mod Organizer has gained steam in the community (no pun intended), I've contemplated switching, but I have never found a good reason to do so. It is not as polished or compatible, from what I can see, and the only thing it does that attracts me (separated mod profiles) is a feature NMM plans to adopt in the semi-near future.