Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Illiad86

I never bothered with Dragon Age. I might get it when it's in the $5 bin lol...but I highly doubt it. I found Mass Effect rather dull...and if it's anything like that, I'll beat the game in 3 days and never play it again. Games are WAY too easy these days...or maybe I'm just that good :P

Hahah Diablo...ahh...I wish they didn't screw it up with that re-spec crap, totally made the game pointless IMO. No point in remaking characters anymore :( I gave up on it after that patch...but man I used to be so godly lol. Plus, they nerfed the lighting sorc and the pally...:verymad: *sigh* They always ruin the good ones.

Well I finished the demo...I think I'll be buying it tomorrow when the boyfriend's paycheck is in the bank :D I need a new game to play.

DragonAge is possibly recommendable if your main attention is not the modding-stuff.

IMO Oblivion is currently (I would never use "ever" cause, you know - nothing last forever) the best modable game.

I hope the next TES is like the current one, with better graphics, 64bit and multicore-support ;).

DA (Origins) is not comparable with TES IV and Mass Effect (if you mean Mass Effect2) is worse regarding Options/Mods.

Just a few static eyes, noses, mouthes... not very impressive.

Of course, this point of view is just regarding changeable char-settings/mods.

About Guardian of Light:

It's possible to play most of the time with level-"hard", but it's not recommendable for a few nasty scenes and 2 or 3

level-bosses - including the final-boss obvious[ly]. If you're able to play the whole game with the highest severity, then

you're definetely better than me ;)

Have fun :).

_frost_

ME isn't about modding anyways and if you want mods for ME you can get the face code or textures, that's it. DA had a strong story and it limits the ability to mod openly like Oblivion, not that there aren't any good mods out there. TES V might be coming in 2012... but that remains to be seen but there confirmation of Fallout 4 is in development.

Back to topic...

I played the demo and it crashed! Which is a shame because I like Lara Croft. I'll wait till have a better rig and a patch.

DragonAge is possibly recommendable if your main attention is not the modding-stuff.

IMO Oblivion is currently (I would never use "ever" cause, you know - nothing last forever) the best modable game.

I hope the next TES is like the current one, with better graphics, 64bit and multicore-support ;).

DA (Origins) is not comparable with TES IV and Mass Effect (if you mean Mass Effect2) is worse regarding Options/Mods.

Just a few static eyes, noses, mouthes... not very impressive.

Of course, this point of view is just regarding changeable char-settings/mods.

About Guardian of Light:

It's possible to play most of the time with level-"hard", but it's not recommendable for a few nasty scenes and 2 or 3

level-bosses - including the final-boss obvious[ly]. If you're able to play the whole game with the highest severity, then

you're definetely better than me ;)

Have fun :).

_frost_

I'm not all for the modding...Dragon Age just didn't look very cool to me. The only linear storyline games I ever liked were Final Fantasy (1-9, don't get me started on 10) and The Witcher. I love RPGs, but they have to be "right", ya know? I like RPGs that take weeks to beat, not days...

Oblivion just has the freedom unlike other games. I can just wander around or I can dungeon dive, or just do nothing :P I played it vanilla for a solid year and loved it just the way it was :) Modding just made it more current :D QTPIII just makes it even more beautiful than it already was. Morrowind is still better IMO, they "consoled" Oblivion way too much.

Well, I purchased it yesterday. It does like to crash every once in awhile, but not nearly as bad as a few games I've gotten in recent years. Sadly, I'm already halfway through it :P Sometimes it's great living in a little apartment, lots of time to play games :D Probably have it beaten by the end of the day...haha...and yes, I'm playing it on hard :P Going on 23 years of gaming...like I said, games are too easy these days ;) Getting used to the controls now. I tried changing them to the standard Tomb Raider controls, but they don't work very well because you have to hold down the button to do the action. Some of the fights are just brutal, love the hordes of monsters :D Nice Diablo feeling to it.

My point of view regarding Dragon Age or MassEffect is (mainly) cause it's neither one thing nor another.

You can change some settings, but you don't have the choice like in Oblivion.

Char-editing and modding in general is not my main attention.

For example; Gothic2 is still one of my favourite games although you don't have any control about your char's

appearance (face) (and although it's very old now and I haven't played it since a long time).

I like the wide open world, the music and especially the atmosphere.

Oblivion is a little bit different regarding the last point but it has all the other nice things similar to Gothic

and much more.

I know what you mean with wandering, cave diving or doing nothing :).

I don't have any crash experience, just noticed a few rare bugs.

An indestructible arrow-launch/shot-station, a enemy-creature which just stands around and 1 or 2 times; sexy Lara

fell through the floor :P.

About brutal fights - now you know what I meant with "nasty scenes" ;)

Currently I don't have time for playing games. I've got a bad cold, so bye bye nice games for the next days or weeks ;).

And yes, I know the funny thing with frost and cold :P.

Greetz

_frost_

ME isn't about modding anyways and if you want mods for ME you can get the face code or textures, that's it. DA had a strong story and it limits the ability to mod openly like Oblivion, not that there aren't any good mods out there. TES V might be coming in 2012... but that remains to be seen but there confirmation of Fallout 4 is in development.

Back to topic...

I played the demo and it crashed! Which is a shame because I like Lara Croft. I'll wait till have a better rig and a patch.

Sounds easy but if you think about it, it's in fact not that easy.

Oblivion has by default a sufficient amount of sliders and it's easy and effective to edit your char's face.

Try it with MassEffect.

DA has more options but if you had read my comments properly, then you would notice that, in this special case,

my focus was and is the creation of chars. Don't tell me that DA is as good as Oblivion :P.

If your system is not too old, I'm confident that a solution could be found.

_frost_

I did, and FemShep was very good looking (for a first timer). It takes the same approach with Oblivion and Fallout (where you have a default face and advance model that you can alter) but I can't blame you that Shemloo (male default) is better than everything else in the game (he is unfortunately better than any ME2 face).

I did read your comments and that's not my point about DA but the game in general and it's modding potential. I didn't like Oblivion because it is too open, it has lost it's charm that I loved about TES series so much. But it has plenty of potential to be modder's paradise which is part of Bethseda's core philosophy of RPGs; that you are free to do whatever you want. I said that DA has less modding potential because it's more restricted in story, i.e you aren't free. This is BioWare's philosophy of RPGs, that the story is more important than freedom, you are recreating the story and you are the character in the story. With that said when looking at story and characters... BioWare wins this round as it was stronger though a bit predictable while Oblivion loses because people can lose track and with a weaker story than previous titles.

As for the whole face, it isn't as different than other games in the market that uses the same thing. If you played NWN & NWN2 would would have come across this. Some can make great faces in-game because they had time, but many don't and you take out all people who spent hours just making a nose change in Oblivion for cosmetic reasons (an example of time to perfecting a char, not to be considered as an insult to people who take their time) and you are left with people who make minor alterations to the chars face and just go on with it. Many people just don't really care about what they look like and just want to see the game mechs or the story (story fan here). To those people spending time to make a small change on their chars eyes are meaningless and would rather just get on with the games. I never stated that DA's char generator is better than Oblivion nor do I like char generators, I find it as a cosmetic ideal that devs made to make people happy. It doesn't mean that it should be removed but it's nothing more than cosmetic to me at games such as DA and Oblivion where you are stuck with the same main story in every single play though.

My systems are mid-range for GoL and would have run smoothly without that nasty crash. Curse you! *shakes fist in air* Besides I have found other things to occupy me and my good PC.

I really don't know the reason 4 your posting and your inaccurate interpretation of my comments.

I just told Illiad86 my point of view regarding modifications/char-creation (mentioned as "options") and the support by Oblivion,

DA or ME by default.

Neither about story nor about char-modifications by other people.

I don't care.

The topic was my personal point of view regarding char-creation/editing and the fact is:

90 sliders to control the appearance of a char in Oblivion (switches not included)

47 sliders/switches in DA

36 sliders/switches in ME

I said Oblivion is the best/has more options.

If you can't see any difference between Oblivion and other games - that's not my problem.

I don't have time and interest to continue a senseless discussion in a foreign language, so this is my last statement.

_frost_

Okay I see your point. Lets just drop the subject as it has nothing to do with this topic.

Has there been any update about patches? I really want to get this, I love Lara Croft.

Good idea.

Seem to be no update/patch available at the moment.

What you could do while waiting, is to reconfigure&optimize your system(bios,drivers,not needed software/background-processes etc.) and then to try to run the demo/game again.

Peace.

_frost_

I'd mess around with the settings like frost said...I dunno...it bombed out on me twice so far...nothing too bad though...just a simple CTD.

Well I beat it a few days ago :P Final boss was hard! Got a new outfit first run through (Tomb Raider Legend outfit :D) Enjoyable game though, I'm playing over, trying to get all the high scores and such :D