OOO Containers

Ashengrace

I've been using OOO for a little bit now and theres one thing that kind of bugs me...I really like the fact that the containers are animated and show that you've looked inside of it, but I can't stand the fact that they stay open. For dungeons and general exploring its cool so you know where you've been and what not, but I hate that the storage in my player home always looks like I got burgled when I come home.

Is there any way to make the containers reset upon exiting the cell so that when you re-enter they are all closed again?

I think the only way is to wait the 3 days respawn time, but that won't work for stuff that doesn't respawn, like in your player home.

Sorry. The answer is "not really, no."

I couldn't tell you that part.

However, if you get COBL, there are several menus for OOO. You might need a patch. Some of these menus talk about OOO and respawning. I can't tell you exactly, because I'm not on the same computer as the game right now, and probably won't be all week.

Good luck though.

I've been using OOO for a little bit now and theres one thing that kind of bugs me...I really like the fact that the containers are animated and show that you've looked inside of it, but I can't stand the fact that they stay open. For dungeons and general exploring its cool so you know where you've been and what not, but I hate that the storage in my player home always looks like I got burgled when I come home.

Is there any way to make the containers reset upon exiting the cell so that when you re-enter they are all closed again?

The way I do it is to crouch and just touch the container again. (It will close anything that you have opened. Removing hand prints from boxes and closing chests.)

• 4 years later...

Any idea if there is a mod to disable this?

I use Art of Speed Looting, and this "feature" makes that mod not work properly.

I use HUD's Empty bar, so I don't need at all to see opened chests to know I have already looted them.

[i know this thread is old, but it's the exact issue I'm having, and it shows high on Google]

I found the console commands to diable it:

Turn off HC for player house containers: Set OOOHCPlayerHouse to 0
Turn off HC for chests, cupboards, desks, drawers and lecterns: Set OOOHC to 0
Turn off HC for barrels and crates: Set OOOHCBarrelsAndCrates to 0
Turn off HC for sacks: Set OOOHCSacks to 0

But it doesn't work. It doesn't disable to script that runs on almost all containers, it just makes that script not animate them.

Speed Loot bugs when detecting that there's any script controlling a container, so it keeps detecting that that script is so, even if it does nothing.

Anyway, I just disabled OOO. It's too big and fat and I saw no enhancement over MMM, which behaves way more friendly with other mods.

Oh okay. I misunderstood you. I thought you wanted to disable the Harvest Containers part of OOO. I didn't understand that you wanted the scripts removed from containers. That would require either you open up TES4Edit and remove the script from every container, or (easier, but you will miss out on OOO) just disable OOO. OOO adds new creatures, new leveled lists, new quests, new dungeons, tweaks to stats (OMOBS, skills, etc., etc.) makes the game unleveled (huge reason to play OOO -- though you can find mods that do this without all the extras of OOO), and more. And no, I'm not affiliated with OOO development.

Anywho, back to your situation: You could merge the scripts, though you will need to be familiar with scripting a little.

lol yes, I need that script gone, not just having it idle.

I doubt merging scripts would solve it. Speed Loot has its bugs and is workable if they are surpassed. But scripted containers is an annoyance, and having a script on almost all containers makes Speed Loot unplayable. Unfortunately it's old, its author is gone and just after leaving he said he wanted to remake the mod from scratch :(

Are you sure the script is added to each container? Isn't it done so it runs on any container available? Anyway, I have no experience with modding, and even if I had I'd not dare touch OOO and create bugs.

As I said in another thread, I don't like unleveled creatures and didn't like the creatures I found created by OOO. new dungeons and quests are good, but I already have over 30 quest mods to play, OOO creates too much incompatibility to be worth it.