New Vegas is ridiculously glitchy!!!

Knux897

I bought the game today and I...downloaded it through Stream I guess? I had to wait an hour for it to download and I think this may be affecting my gameplay. First though, did I actually download it? Is the game itself not on my disk? I can't find the game files in my Steam folder but it's not in my Bethesda Softworks folder and there is no Obsidian folder.

Anyways, when I play the game the first load time took like 5 minutes. When I woke up to talk to doc, he wouldn't say anything unless I pressed esc and brought the menu up which means I had to do this numerous times to even get through this part. Also when he talked, his mouth wouldn't match up with the words and other times his mouth would randomly move. This is also happening with other npcs in goodsprings. The sheriff robot(I forgot his name) dosen't even have any dialouge at all! Also when I shoot or talk to other npcs, the sound will literally comes seconds later at random intervals. Same thing with vats.

I'm not sure whats going on and I'm sure it's not normal. I know it's not my computer because I have a heavily modded Fallout 3 that works flawlessly. Anyone have any ideas on what happened?

I embraced (lol) Fallout 3 for years. But that's mainly because I sidestepped the frumpy battle mechanics for the more explorer-centric aspects of the game.

Give it time. People will start working in GECK and the bugs will slowly be ironed out. This is what you get for buying a Bethesda/Gamebryo game on the first day.

Only problem I have is the "wanna look at an npc? well no, go away, here, take this 3 frames per second..."

Which makes the game, completely, unplayable...unless I wanna just walk around...

lol yea, it does seem like the npc's have it out for all of us nvidia people.

The NPC's are ATI fanboy's.

Only problem I have is the "wanna look at an npc? well no, go away, here, take this 3 frames per second..."

Which makes the game, completely, unplayable...unless I wanna just walk around...

lol yea, it does seem like the npc's have it out for all of us nvidia people.

The NPC's are ATI fanboy's.

well i'm running a ATI card and well i'm in the same boat as everybody else.