Help request: Custom NPCs incorrectly spawning in interior cell

Guinefort1

Guinefort, since these NPCS are not supposed to leave the hut, I would recommend you use the hut itself as the target for their wander package. The other options are intended for NPCs that need to move from one point to another, like Companions. While I never have used the first one (restrict the wander package to a fixed location), I think that it's the best way to restrict them to a fixed location.

About the pathgrid, it's mandatory to always "f-drop" the nodes after placing them. They will not be correctly active, that is, readable by NPCs, if not. Oh, and the player character is also subject to pathgrids. Usually, it's you who move the character around, but in some instances, cutscenes and "player control disabled" instances, it's the game engine who temporarily takes control of the player character and a lack of pathgrid makes it crazy. Remember this if someday you design one of such scenes.

TIP: once your pathgrid is finished and correctly placed on the ground, you can set a specific path to the "preferred path" from one location to another. I mean, in order to go from A to B, an NPC will always take the shortest and most direct route. But perhaps you prefer them to take another path, a specific one. You can set this path manually. The nodes will turn blue, ir I recall correctly. I don't remember the key combination to enable it, but it's an icon in the menu bar.

Cheers!