Fallout 3? Possible to "read" books?

ObLars

Hey. Im currently making a mod for my game. I want to be able to actually read books, as i am making a Bible (Yes, like in "The book of Eli"). Its mostly for a friend who likes to collect things, so i thought i'd add a few verses of the Old testament around the wasteland. 1 Book = 1 Verse. I.e Jeremiah. I'll also add some Value too these samples, as they are rare, people would murder for them. (Again like "The book of Eli". Now, i know you can click skill books, to obtain the skill enhancement, but i want to be able to actually read the books, Like in Oblivion. Is it possible? I got Geck, Nifskope, Blender. And soon CS5.

Also. I run into this little issue. When setting a Inventory Image Icon to my books, i can choose DDS files. Using Vanilla books icons at the moment. I choose my file and save. Fire up fallout, and there is a "File not found" error instead of the Icon i chose and as chosen in GECK. I know this is minor, but i want this mod to be perfect. Thanks in advance ! :)

SCN ExampleBookSCRIPT

short doOnce
short button

BEGIN OnAdd Player

if doOnce == 0
               showMessage BookPage1
               showMessage BookPage2
               set doOnce to 1
       else
               showMessage ReadAgain
       endif

END

BEGIN GameMode

if doOnce == 1
               set button to GetButtonPressed
               if button == 0
                       showMessage BookPage1
                       showMessage BookPage2
               else
               endif
       endif

END

Could anyone point out whats wrong with this Script? Its a script which im going to attach to a book, so a window can pop up where i can read what the book says. I get invalid error on Line 9. I dont know whats up with that. Help please. :)

showMessage BookPage1

Could anyone point out whats wrong with this Script? Its a script which im going to attach to a book, so a window can pop up where i can read what the book says. I get invalid error on Line 9. I dont know whats up with that. Help please. :)

Have you created and properly stored a message entitled BookPage1 that the script can display?

showMessage BookPage1

Have you created and properly stored a message entitled BookPage1 that the script can display?

Yes, but its named something else. That was just an outcast of another Script. I am thinking about making my own script for showing the Message ingame, when i pick up the book. How would that look? I got this atm.

Scn BibleReadSCRIPT

Begin OnAdd
Showmessage BibleGenesisMessage
End

Im working on adding the Bible to Fallout 3. Inspired by the Movie "The book of Eli". :) Could you point me in some direction with this Script? When i try it ingame the game crashes. :(

Your first script appears to require a menu which you probably have not set up. The second script creates a loop that displays the message continously until the game crashes or you hit escape since there is nothing to tell the message to stop displaying.

Your first script appears to require a menu which you probably have not set up. The second script creates a loop that displays the message continously until the game crashes or you hit escape since there is nothing to tell the message to stop displaying.

So, the script will work, and it will display a message box? I just need to doonce, end ?

Also, the message never displays. When i pick the book up, open Pipboy. It crashes at once..