How do I take screenshots in Fallout New Vegas?

PerroLoco53218

I was able to make screenshots by pressing the print screen button, no problem. A message shows a second later that you made a screenshot and this BMP screenshot then appears in the New Vegas folder. No .ini tweaks needed or anything.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...

So where is the game from, mannyexe?

i bought it from a store, it's probably not a legit copy, because i can not find legit one in lebanon (it's a country somewhere in the middle east )

Alright.

You should know that we do not support piracy on NexusMods. I can understand your situation, but I would recommend buying the game through Steam when you have the chance.

There is an ini setting to allow FNV to take screenshots from within the game.

In the ini file, there should be a line that says bAllowScreenshot=1. If it says bAllowScreenshot=0 then change it to 1, or if it's not there at all, add it.

If that is enabled, when you press PrintScreen it will save the image as a bitmap in your fallout folder.

• 2 years later...

btw, you can add the game to steam, and from there you can take screenshots, if you dont have steam, then sorry, i cant help

Was browsing how to take screen shots and came across this. I know it is probably common knowledge now and that this is a "necro post", but it should be updated to acknowledge that the GOG version is a known "legitimate" copy/version now as well. Some people don't really like steam, me for one, and I purchase official..legitimate copies elsewhere when I can. BTW, no one should be contributing to piracy via use of pirated copies, just to save a buck or two!