Seamless Strip

LithianLord

UPDATE: I have been messing around with the NAV-mesh quite a bit and have made progress. So far I have removed the glitch where NPC disappear when moving from one "Section" to another. My big accomplishment is now NPC can travel between sections. I had watched a NCR NPC walk from the TOPS section across to the Lucky38 where the gate would have been.

Current problem: NPC will not recognize the player in the other sections. Everything seems to be ok until the player goes across what would have been the gate barrier and then all the NPC seem to run to the Freeside gate to try and follow. The major problem with this is companions can not follow the player across sections. I cannot identify the source of this problem so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Otherwise I will continue to work on the Nav-Mesh but it is shaping up to be working better than expected.

That' good to hear. Hopefully you get hat NPC problem fixed. When do you think you'll have this up and running?

Are you removing the actual mesh components related to the gates or are you just trying to use a door that leads from one side to the other within the same worldspace?

Well the thing I am doing here is completely removing all gate meshes and combining all areas of the strip into one world space. It is more difficult than anticipated because the NPC still consider the worldspaces to be separate even I removed all separators and re-navmeshed. I have not had the time to work on it much, but it is more of a learning experience.

Are you removing the actual mesh components related to the gates or are you just trying to use a door that leads from one side to the other within the same worldspace?

Well the thing I am doing here is completely removing all gate meshes and combining all areas of the strip into one world space. It is more difficult than anticipated because the NPC still consider the worldspaces to be separate even I removed all separators and re-navmeshed. I have not had the time to work on it much, but it is more of a learning experience.

Have you considered moving all the NPC points to one small area within those worldspaces, and creating a "rabit hole" like link between that worldspace and the combined strip one?

I'm really looking forward to this mod, thanks for doing this Lithian!

I don't know anything about mapping but would it be possible (and easier) if you made a completely new area and plunked the buildings down OR use one of the sections as a base and cram the hotels/buildings in a cul-de-sac formation? I'm thinking the Lucky 38 area is probably the best candidate for this option.

• 1 month later...