Instant Death & Extreme Loading

codepoet

I've just started getting into NV, love it so far. I've left springs and head down the road to Primm, after a few mobs.. I get close to my quest map marker, and Pow! The Game freezes and about 45 seconds later picks back up with my head exploding. I'm assuming I'm beeing sniped from a distance? Anyone experience this? I've closed the game, reloaded.. same thing over and over. Is it a quest issue I'm running into?

Also, after my death.. (or any reLoad) the game takes.. I'd say almost at least 60 to mabye 90 seconds to load a Saved game. Did some google searching, nothing.. any simular issues?

Any feed back would be cool, thank you!

.cp

The update fixed both my problems, go figure. With all the gaming I do, I should have known. I merely didn't think there would be that problem and need and update so soon. Anyway, Mirja, there's the answer. Update :)

Thanks for the info btw, I can now continue!

thanks guys, but the updates dont work for me.

my head still explodes.

this is the strangest bug ive ever seen, i hope the next update fix it for me.

i guess i have to skip this mission and do something else, and wait for a fix for this. :(

Same for me :wallbash: although i didn't know my head was exploding all that happens is it freezes and i have to crtl alt delete to close the game.Makes wonder if it even worth going on who know where else your head could explode randomly on a quest lol.Good thing Im a paranoid saver on any game i play

Well, I don't know if it will help. But in any case here are the steps I took (in-order) that made the game run with out any issues.

First off, I'll start when I had the problem. My first character, played through Goodsprings Quest line and defeated the Powder Gangers with help from the towns folk for Ringo. On the path to Primm I had my first encounter with the bug. Game Freezes and after almost a minute of waiting to see what happens.. the game in a lagged state picks up with my head exploding. And then reload with a very long wait time.

Deleted first character and created a new one, ran directly to Primm after leaving the Doc's house, same problem no-fix. Saved Game and quit. And here are the steps..

1.) Downloaded the Update and DLC's (Caravan Pack, Classic Pack, Mercenary Pack and Tribal Pack). Installed Update and DLC's, re-installed Direct X's latest version. Re-Installed Microsoft Vb redistributable package under Repair Mode.

2.) Changed Compatibility settings for the Fallout NV Launcher to Run program under WinXP SP3, Disabled Desktop composition and set to run as administrator.

3.) Ran Launcher, checked the DLC's to be used in data files and ran the game.

When I loaded my second character I played through Ringo's quest line again and made my way to Primm, where I no longer had any problems. When I saved and reloaded the game, it loaded within a second and all has been fine since then. It may be worth your time to follow these steps. Then again, it could do nothing.. but I'd say it's worth a shot.