Dismemberment without death?

Sacrifyx

If your just looking for limbs that's an easy thing to do in blender and then copy over a collision mesh that might be similar in properties to something like a meat limb. I'm just saying we don't have an option for it baked into the geck. But it's not a difficult thing to do (if your familiar with 3ds max or blender).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your just looking for limbs that's an easy thing to do in blender and then copy over a collision mesh that might be similar in properties to something like a meat limb. I'm just saying we don't have an option for it baked into the geck. But it's not a difficult thing to do (if your familiar with 3ds max or blender).

Ah damn, I didn't even think about Blender lol I was doing ok with that program awhile back. Converting Skyrim nifs to FNV nifs and stuff now I forgot how to do all that again. Time to relearn. Thanks for the help

Ah damn, I didn't even think about Blender lol I was doing ok with that program awhile back. Converting Skyrim nifs to FNV nifs and stuff now I forgot how to do all that again. Time to relearn. Thanks for the help

Yep, no problem. If you don't have the time you can post a list of pieces and parts (along with the outfits/armor) you need. I can't guarantee I'll have time to do it, but it's fairly quick and if you have your list "on deck" I'm much more likely to get to it. In addition a there is several modders that can do this in the forums so they may take care of it as well.

Yep, no problem. If you don't have the time you can post a list of pieces and parts (along with the outfits/armor) you need. I can't guarantee I'll have time to do it, but it's fairly quick and if you have your list "on deck" I'm much more likely to get to it. In addition a there is several modders that can do this in the forums so they may take care of it as well.

Thanks I appreciate it. Naw I don't have a list on deck at the moment. I'm at work right now so when I get home tomorrow I can browse the list of clothes I can probably use and maybe make a quick list.

While I'm at it, do you happen to know if it is possible to make a NPC body into a static item? I seen animals turned into statues and such. But is there a way to turn a NPC?

While I'm at it, do you happen to know if it is possible to make a NPC body into a static item? I seen animals turned into statues and such. But is there a way to turn a NPC?

Same way for the body as you would for animal statues (I'd guess; pose, delete skeleton, import collision mesh, save as static....soemthing along those lines), *but* the issue is the face, it's different on human and ghoul npc's than on critters. The human skeleton only has one or two bones for the noggin, the face and head are generated or manipulated via face morphs and other animations or techniques that I have no (or very little) knowledge of. Remember how when your in blender and import a outfit/armor and there is no head?

Same way for the body as you would for animal statues (I'd guess; pose, delete skeleton, import collision mesh, save as static....soemthing along those lines), *but* the issue is the face, it's different on human and ghoul npc's than on critters. The human skeleton only has one or two bones for the noggin, the face and head are generated or manipulated via face morphs and other animations or techniques that I have no (or very little) knowledge of. Remember how when your in blender and import a outfit/armor and there is no head?

I never tried working on armors or anything like that in Blender yet. Way out of my league. I was only working on converting static items. I know Jokerine has a make a item static guide somewhere I think. Maybe I could use that. I'm just thinking about "maybe" turning NPCs into like a wax dummy sort of thing? I been watching Western videos for ideas and saw that figured I could add that for my mod.