Dismemberment without death?

Sacrifyx

You can use JIP's DismemberLimb function which works on live actors.

It's not so much dismembering npcs or the player, I can simulate that.....it's the animations. For example shooting off a leg, means at best hopping or more likely dragging oneself via your/their hands etc.

I'll try and play around a bit with the function, but without the animations to accommodate a missing limb it's a cheap facade, especially for player dismemberment. But if the function just leaves an actor immobile, that may be enough for some peeps that want to take a crack at it.

Just wondering if you happen to make some NPC's with missing limbs can you pass those nifs over? I don't need animations but having missing body parts would be handy. Or if there is a way to paint a limb invisible with a texture, that could work I guess. I would use it for dead bodies.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering if you happen to make some NPC's with missing limbs can you pass those nifs over? I don't need animations but having missing body parts would be handy. Or if there is a way to paint a limb invisible with a texture, that could work I guess. I would use it for dead bodies.

I might have time to make a few for you, Why don't you pick out what parts and from what outfits? Maybe half a 2 or 3 pieces to start for now.

• 8 months later...

It might have to wait, I didn't even think about outfits. I'll have to go through the outfits to see what will even be in my mod.

Sure, or I can whip up a bare limb or two.

Dam sorry for not getting back to you. I keep losing interest in my mod. If your still willing to do this, (I know you do a lot of requests, I see you on every post lol) I can go through the armor/clothes I would be keeping from Vanilla fallout.

Or to make it easier, I remember I tried this awhile ago but couldn't figure it out. Through the GECK atleast.

When your dismember all the limbs in game, is there a way in GECK to have just those body parts? I'm pretty sure those limbs that get blown off still have the type of armor or clothing still attached to it so that might work. I'm not sure tho

Edited by SnakeSlippers

Dam sorry for not getting back to you. I keep losing interest in my mod. If your still willing to do this, (I know you do a lot of requests, I see you on every post lol) I can go through the armor/clothes I would be keeping from Vanilla fallout.

This thread is a bit convoluted. I skimmed it, but just to clarify; your looking for some body parts to scatter about in your mod?

I haven't been doing any modding, or even gaming for far to long (only caught one of the beta dates on FO76....sucks). I wish I had more time, but I can't promise anything.

Or to make it easier, I remember I tried this awhile ago but couldn't figure it out. Through the GECK atleast.

I think the only way is through JIP's function, we don't have that option in the geck. I haven't used it so I can't give you any real insight into it.

When your dismember all the limbs in game, is there a way in GECK to have just those body parts? I'm pretty sure those limbs that get blown off still have the type of armor or clothing still attached to it so that might work. I'm not sure tho

Just JIP's function, I believe.....no one is going to change our venerable IDE to include the option.

It's not so much dismembering npcs or the player, I can simulate that.....it's the animations. For example shooting off a leg, means at best hopping or more likely dragging oneself via your/their hands etc.

I'll try and play around a bit with the function, but without the animations to accommodate a missing limb it's a cheap facade, especially for player dismemberment. But if the function just leaves an actor immobile, that may be enough for some peeps that want to take a crack at it.

You can just call "KillActor" with the dismember flag set , and even call it multiple times to dismember more limbs.

Cause of death may have an effect on the different ways they render , like armor intact , or just bloody stumps ??? ... not sure on that though.

Also I did some testing awhile back , where you set the npc with 0 health , hit the havok button for them to drop to the ground , and you then arrange their body if you want. (but dismembering a limb(s) would re-arrange them I'm sure.

Anyways , I was able to transport the arranged corpse to an Xmarker. Which it would stay static until interacted with by the player ... then the rag doll kicked in , but sometimes parts would get stuck below ground.

Which you could work out those glitches with some testing , for minute placement adjustment.

I did a quick test for moving dismembered actors , which didn't work , but maybe it was something else other than just not being able to move them in pieces ? But could still just dismember them after moving. And even place some temporary collision planes to help direct where the body and parts end up.

Hope that helps for some idea's on what you're trying to achieve.

This thread is a bit convoluted. I skimmed it, but just to clarify; your looking for some body parts to scatter about in your mod?

I haven't been doing any modding, or even gaming for far to long (only caught one of the beta dates on FO76....sucks). I wish I had more time, but I can't promise anything.

I think the only way is through JIP's function, we don't have that option in the geck. I haven't used it so I can't give you any real insight into it.

Just JIP's function, I believe.....no one is going to change our venerable IDE to include the option.

Yea I forgot all about this when I lost interest on my mod. But I started up again and found this thread at work.

I was just looking for some bodies missing limbs, or a way to find limbs in the GECK. Like when you go somewhere in my mod and find a dead body, they might be missing a arm or leg or something already when you find them. No events, or scripts or anything. You find them and they are already dismembered in a way.

That's cool if your not modding at the moment. I figured I'd just reply and see what happens from there. I'll find a way to jury rig something when need be.

Thinking about it, I don't remember which mod it was at the moment, it was one of those monster mods or something. They have a ghoul mesh with a missing arm. I can message them or see if I can do something with those meshes.

You can just call "KillActor" with the dismember flag set , and even call it multiple times to dismember more limbs.

Cause of death may have an effect on the different ways they render , like armor intact , or just bloody stumps ??? ... not sure on that though.

Also I did some testing awhile back , where you set the npc with 0 health , hit the havok button for them to drop to the ground , and you then arrange their body if you want. (but dismembering a limb(s) would re-arrange them I'm sure.

Anyways , I was able to transport the arranged corpse to an Xmarker. Which it would stay static until interacted with by the player ... then the rag doll kicked in , but sometimes parts would get stuck below ground.

Which you could work out those glitches with some testing , for minute placement adjustment.

I did a quick test for moving dismembered actors , which didn't work , but maybe it was something else other than just not being able to move them in pieces ? But could still just dismember them after moving. And even place some temporary collision planes to help direct where the body and parts end up.

Hope that helps for some idea's on what you're trying to achieve.

Yea I used that health 0 and Havoked to get them into a noose model properly. Works pretty good till you touch them. I'm thinking there's no way to just have limbs with out a actor first