The Captial Wasteland in FONV

alexandersig

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Because Vegas has a lot of new features that would be nice to have while playing FO3. And as I said, all you're basically doing is moving the bsas and esm to a different folder. That's all he did. That's not illegal, not by a long shot. You can't draw comparisons with Morroblivion, it's not really like that at all.

^ Did you read my post?

It is pointless. It can be done, and we're on the Internet. It's like they put meat in front of a dog and told him not to eat it. Why would you give him the meat if you didn't want him to eat it? So if the spies from Bethsoft's underground bunker are reading this (and they are) then I have a message: SCREW YOU :P (I'm doing it anyways). Nothing bad will come of it (No joke, srsly). I paid them for 120 bucks worth of game files, how I use them is my business, I'd say.

EDIT: <snip>

This isn't, though. I think it's perfectly legit, because there is no real mod involved. It would be cool though, come to think of it. I wouldn't mind being able to use the companions vault in NV :P

Exactly what cire992. It's up to you, and an installer could easily copy all the files over if it detects that you do have them. Add the missing archives and you're golden.

EXCEPT! FOR LOD that is, as the LOD is handled different. We would have to generate new LOD, as the lod files may not be compatible, nor all the navmesh data.

Also, you would need to delete the texture files from fallout 3's menu and HUD, as they will not mesh with Vegas, and then you'll have to revamp the companion follower's coding to work with the new system, as well as the weapons... It's a "lot of work" but if there is a team I'll join it by helping fix texture paths and LOD settings.