How to add Vanilla Topics to new NPC's?

ObLars

How do i add Vanilla topics to newly created NPC's? I dont got the equipment to record my own dialogues, so i want to be able to use Vanilla ones. Im making a vendor at the moment, and i'd love it if she could say the same as say, Moira. When you ask to see the wares. If i use custom lines i'd only get the text, not the voice, since there is no soundfile with the answer i just made. Is it possible to use already made text? :)

How do i add Vanilla topics to newly created NPC's? I dont got the equipment to record my own dialogues, so i want to be able to use Vanilla ones. Im making a vendor at the moment, and i'd love it if she could say the same as say, Moira. When you ask to see the wares. If i use custom lines i'd only get the text, not the voice, since there is no soundfile with the answer i just made. Is it possible to use already made text? :)

You can extract the .ogg voice files and .lip files from the vanilla Fallout3_voices.bsa and reassign those files to new dialogue for your custom merchant. The new dialogue uses the same text as the old (you can even copy and paste the text in the GECK) and sounds exactly the same but has a unique ID for your mod. It is not as easy as you had probably hoped, but it is possible.