Adjusting interior water

Lehcar

Exactly what does checking the "hand changed" box do?

Also is there any way to move the water plane inside the cell like an object? How do you divide the one big plane into seperate, adjustable pieces like Bethesda did somehow for their waterfalls and different heights bodies of water?

Oh...

but where could I download a water plane object that can be moved around but behaves like actual water? I tried to download a real water mesh thing from here but it wouldn't even show up ingame, and in toolset it just looked like a big white square..

For normal water, just right-click on a cell in the Cell View window, choose Edit and set the water height and type for that cell.

And OBSE has a SetCellWaterHeight to set water height on interior cells dynamically.

Other than that, I suppose there must be water planes resources somewhere in the Nexus that you could use, but they would be only visual, as the game will not consider it water and will not react accordingly (like switching to the swim animation).

The only water plane I've seen is by Texian, you can find it in Castle Almgard. Just download Almgard and find it in the files; I haven't seen a file with just the animated plane. It doesn't have anything below it, though, so you'll have to use it as a shallow pool, otherwise it's just and object.

As for Hand Changed, it makes the editor know you you altered the water height yourself rather than having the region generator do it.

Exactly what does checking the "hand changed" box do?

Also is there any way to move the water plane inside the cell like an object? How do you divide the one big plane into seperate, adjustable pieces like Bethesda did somehow for their waterfalls and different heights bodies of water?

cell view window

world space interiors

YOUR cell

double click it (brings up in render window)

Right click it EDIT check has water HEIGHT -100 ish

apply

ok

object window

miscellaneous

water type

drag type (i just got doneand tested defaultWater)

Into therender window. (dont drownd anyone)

hand change IDK.....

THIS IS FOR THE ENTIRE INTERIOR CELL NOT NIFFTEY LITTLE POOLS..