⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Texture Replacer Issue

KDStudios

Archive invalidation just won't work for me, changed Fallout Prefs, ALL of the ini's I could find and still wouldn't work.

Moving the bsa's was my only option left.

You editted the 3 ini files?

C:\My Documents\My Games\fallout.ini

C:\My Documents\My Games\falloutprefs.ini

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\fallout_default.ini

I believe you only have to modify the last one, but I've never seen anything definitive so I usually edit all 3 just to be safe.

You didn't have a typo in the SArchiveList line do you?

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Textures2.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices1.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa,  Fallout - Misc.bsa

You set the fallout.ini back to read only, correct? Not sure if it matters or not.

And the bInvalidateOlderFIles is set to 1?

And finally, you do have the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa file in your data directory?

Not trying to be a jerk, just making sure you had all bases covered. I know sometimes I'll overlook the one small item when I've been beating my head against a problem for a bit.

Fraktyl.

You are a genius.

Thanks for the assist.

On the Archive Invalidation page it doesn't mention having to add ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated.bsa to the SArchiveList

=/

but yeah that seems to have done the trick.

I know you weren't being a jerk, you were trying to help and even better... You did =D

I've only ever used FOMM's archive invalidation so I didn't know if what I was told to do worked or not.

But thanks for this. You're great!