Elf tragedy! (please help me)

frasil

Alas! After installing several mods modifying skin textures and models, I realized something was terribly, terribly wrong... my Bosmer are missing their bodies!!!! The heads are there, and when they're wearing clothes there's no problem - but a closer look reveals they have no hands coming out of their sleeves, and that their unclothed bodies are intangible! I un-plugged the mods to no avail. This isn't a game threatening problem, but I owe it to every beautiful Bosmer out there to display her charming figure once again!

Would anyone please help me?

Befuddled Bosmer Bungler.

I've seen a similar problem with characters heads. For me, it was a mod that I had installed when I created a new mod. I'd made references to the first mod in the 2nd, but didn't combine them. So when I tried to play it with my unmodded test installation, the head mesh wasn't there at all. So three things to do:

1) Check for bad references in your mods. Especially if you're getting any error messages.

2) Check for anything that modified the textures, or changed the default models in any way.

3) Reinstall, then add plugins one at a time until either all work, or you find which one is causing the trouble. Then reinstall and don't ever add it again.

Thank the Nine!

After following such wise sages' advice, the Wood Elves in Vvardenfell have recovered their bodies. I finally DID have to un-install, but the savegames and plug-ins are still all in place. In return, I will donate a grand sum to the Temple of Julianos, and to Sotha-Sil, as well. I'll see to it personally that such fine gentlemen be rewarded with the greatest feast Falinesti has seen for years!

Once again, thanks

:D ... and by the way, I caught the rebel Mod. One "RaVor" mod, about assasin elves or such. It used the Wood elf skin, with no regard to the corporal integrity of their owners!

I think the lesson here is clear: if you bring assasin elves into your home, they will steal the bodies of those who look like them. Just imagine... those cute high-pitched voices, coming out of heads suspended in thin air!

Anyway, thanks again :)

Archived