Water looks gross and vanilla, no parallax and displacement using ENB and RW2.

firepyromaniac

Looks like your ENB visuals aren't even activated. Check to make sure Use Effect is enabled in your in game GUI (Shift+Enter to bring it up) and that UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics is not enabled in your enblocal.ini.

I was very confused as to how you knew whether or not my enb was enabled until I realized that I choose some random vanilla Skyrim water picture like an idiot >.> Here is a picture of what it actually looks like, nothing to complain about mind you but water is one of the most beautiful parts of this game and I want the best experience possible in that regard.

Ooohh. It's probably working, but you just need to tweak the water settings a bit. Try playing with the WavesAmplitude settings. If none of them seem to do anything, you might have an ENB that depends on different weather .inis, so you'd either have to do it from the weather window or simply hit the box next to "IgnoreWeatherSystem" at the beginning of the water settings. You probably won't even have to though.

But yeah, play with that, Muddiness, other stuff. Oh, and check out Watercolor for ENB too, adds a nice coloration as well as increases the general intensity of sunlight reflections during transitional hours.

I tried playing with WaveAmplitude settings a lot, actually. I don't see a notable difference. The weather editing windows says it is using "enbseries.ini", the exact one I am trying to edit. I tried "Ingoreweathersystem" and that didn't seem to do anything, either. Here is a picture of what it looks like now, again still pretty but damn I want that look.

Here is what my enbseries.ini looks like:

[WATER]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=true
EnablePreCache=true
EnableDispersion=true
EnableCaustics=true
EnableParallax=true
EnableShadow=true
EnableVolumetricShadow=true
EnableLighting=true
EnableSelfReflection=true
EnableDisplacement=true
DisplacementQuality=0
DisplacementFilterQuality=0
ShadowQuality=2
EnableShadowNoise=false
ReflectionAmount=1.0
FrennelMultiplier=1.0
FrennelMin=0.35
FrennelMax=1.0
DispersionAmount=0.5
CausticsAmount=3.0
SunSpecularMultiplier=1.5
SunScatteringMultiplier=7.0
SunLightingMultiplier=0.5
WetMultiplier=0.7
WavesAmplitudeSunrise=1.5
WavesAmplitudeDay=1.5
WavesAmplitudeSunset=1.5
WavesAmplitudeNight=1.5
WavesAmplitudeInteriorDay=1.5
WavesAmplitudeInteriorNight=1.5
Muddiness=0.8

[UNDERWATER]
IgnoreWeatherSystem=false
EnableDispersion=true
EnableParallax=true
EnableDisplacement=true
EnableSilhouette=true
EnableBlurring=true
EnableReflection=true
EnableShadow=false
ShadowQuality=0
DispersionAmount=1.0
ReflectionAmount=1.0
TransparencyFade=2.5
TransparencyCurve=1.0
DeepnessFade=2.0
DeepnessDarkening=0.5
TintAmount=2.0
TintFade=2.0
SunScatteringMultiplier=1.0

Thank you for all your help so far, I have been using ENB for ages but never have gotten pretty water working. :(

If you see ANY warping at all while playing with WaveAmplitude you'll know its working.

Try turning down the muddiness to 0.2 or so. I'm still pretty convince the water is working, it might just be the angle its at. Remember the parallax only generates an illusion of 3D waves, so when the camera is at water level it's not gonna look very attractive. Also try looking at different areas, since RWT edits cells to have different water types. That area might just be more placid than usual. Try fast traveling to the Lady Stone, in the middle of Lake Illinalta. I always find the water there very nice.

I'd go there and at the shore, in first person toggle the ENB on and off to see the difference. Oh, and make sure FixParallaxBugs is set to True in your enblocal.ini.