Vamp clans/bloodlines

Lehcar

Not sure why but I just REALLY love playing as a vampire. Seriously it's just the awesomest thing everzorz. I love vampires. The REAL kind, that actually going around drinking people's blood and kicking asses, not the kind that just lick the juice out of meat packages from the supermarket and sit around lusting after humans :laugh:

How come Bethesda decided to make vampires less good in Oblivion though? Like why did they completely leave out the whole "clans" and "bloodlines" and vampire quests from the previous Elder Scrolls games? Part of the reason I enjoyed being a vampire in Daggerfall and Morrowind so much was joining a vampire bloodline/clan so my character could be with others of their kind that actually DIDN'T want to kill them.

Modular Oblivion Mod adds clan Raelu to the game. Vampire Overhaul adds a few quests, though no bloodlines. Other than that, I don't know any other mods that would help you. Bethseda pulled a cheap one this time with all of the guilds, vampire or not. I mean I spent atleast 20 hours doing Fighters Guild quests in Morrowind and about 5 in Oblivion. I really hope this changes in the next game.

I kept wondering for how long people can go around the most obvious one, but alas.

Terran Vampires. A rather large quest/system mod. Still not complete, quests glitch (for me badly), but the system works relatively fine. It has nine clans mirroring Vampire the Masquerade basic clans minus independents. Has a lot of various abilities. However it makes playing harder as vampiric weaknesses are very pronounced, like fainting at day and always receiving sun damage regardless of your state. Will do?

Aundae in Cyrodiil, which seems to be off-site now, by AlienSlof. It is supposed to contain three of Morrowind clans.

StarX Vanilla Vampires Revised. Well... this is not exactly vampire system modifying mod, more like quest/NPC/dungeon mod, but it probably fits your bill. Only one joinable clan (automatically), though two (or you may count three) actually exist in it. Since it doesn't conflict with whatever other vampire mod you use (except, probably, Terran Vampires, since that one doesn't use basic vampirism variable), I would recommend it anyway. In fact it has a lot of various content, bonus abilities being among the most useful (heart rip anyone?).

What mods are you talking about exactly? I hope I can help you to combine them if they are that good.

You'd never be able to release it because I doubt the author would allow it. I think the changes to the mechanics of being a vampire are really good in Unholy Darkness. I don't care for the quests associated with it.

I wish I were able to combine that with the new Vampire Society mod that's been released here, and add in support for both Count Hassildor and Vicente Valteiri (sp?) being able to become you vampire sire.

There are others I've tried that may or may not have good elements to add.. Vampire Clan Raelu (Modular Oblivion Enhanced), Aundae, Spreading Vampirism.

Ah, Unholy Darkness has clans too, forgot about it.

Also, I forgot to mention that if it's not being attacked by (some) vampires is what you want, then you don't need clan system for it. Many (if not most) overhauls place vampire players into vampire faction and vampires (and sometimes wolves and undead) stop attacking you, even if they don't have much to say after that. There are too many such mods to remember all of them.

Ah, Unholy Darkness has clans too, forgot about it.

Despite its released status, Unholy Darkness isn't a finished mod and leaves you hanging with a quest that you can't end stuck in your journal. Personally I've been trying to chop out the stuff I don't like (the author's requests for money from within the mod/questline itself) and leave just the vampire mechanics, but I can't seem to figure it out. It would be pointless to ask for help since I wouldn't be able to share my changes.

There aren't many vampire mods that have quests and are finished. The quick example of a finished one is Starx's mod - and it has ONE quest on vampire side - enroll into House Serentin and off you go (if there ARE any others, then I must be head-hitting into a glitch wall). And for Terran Vampires post-embrace quests end with one big crash for me invariably. Still, with some caution, they fit the bill for this thread, and quests may be ignored for most, it still gives a sense of "big happy family".

I would personally try a set of StarX's mod and Unholy Darkness... whenever I resume to actually play. No point to switch right now.