console command for reputation change

junjo75

so i found these in the FNV console command help...anyone have an idea what the values would be for various factions and reputations??

SetReputation

AddReputation

RemoveReputation

AddReputationExact

RemoveReputationExact

GetReputation

GetReputationPct

GetReputationThreshold

I don't know, but let me know if you figure it out. The BOS is mad at me, and I don't know why....

here you go:

removefromallfactions - Remove player from all factions (this will make it like you never met any factions, and will give you neutral status when you run into them again)

setreputation F X Y - Set player reputation with faction. (F = faction ID, X = 0/neg or 1/pos, Y = amount)

* Faction IDs

-Boomers = FFAE8

-Brotherhood = 11E662

-Caesar's Legion = F43DD

-Followers (of the Apocalypse) = 124AD1

-Freeside = 129A7A

-Goodsprings = 104C22

-Great Khans = 11989B

-NCR = F43DE

-Novac = 129A79

-Powder Gangers = 1558E6

-Primm = F2406

-The Strip = 118F61

-White Glove Society = 116F16

EXAMPLE: "setreputation 1558e6 1 100" -- this would give you "idolized" status with the powder gangers. the final value is a percentage, so the number must be between 1 - 100. the second number (0/1) determines negative or positive rep, respectively.

a good (although pain-in-the-ass) way to fix faction bugs atm is to 'removefromallfactions' and then enter rep values again manually. this should get rid of those inexplicable hostiles (i had this happen to me at the prison, the powder gangers were friendly to me, yet the 'guards' in blue uniforms were all hostile despite supposedly being the same faction).

hope that helps.

Trippay...u r a god among mere mortals. Thats exactly why Im looking for this...the powder gangers would attack me even though i was neutral and Joe Cobb told me to go there after i helped him w/ Goodsprings. I could talk to the guard inside the entry gate, but then all of a sudden they would attack me.

This info is awesome, thanks again!

just remember not to be in the vicinity of a hostile faction when you enter the commands. i also suggest leaving any companions waiting outside of faction-controlled areas unless they're affiliated with that faction already. i've had ED-E and Boone open fire for no reason both at the powder gangers and at the RepConn ghouls (which apparently aren't part of any faction, but they killed jacob and quest = failed).

you can also try using "SCAOnActor" to stop npc's from attacking you once they've gone hostile (like if you get caught stealing or accidentally hurt/kill someone), however this won't affect your rep, and once your rep is below a certain value the 'combat alarm' will just be renewed again as soon as you're in the line of sight.

i miss being able to 'apologize' to try to stop combat like in Oblivion. =/

Hmmm. sad to say this isnt working. i tried setreputation 1558e6 1 100 for Powder Gangers and i can only get "wild child" which is the best Neutral reputation. I cant get anything for the positive reputations. I tried all sorts of combinations. I can get "Vilified" and "Shunned" which are both Negative reps, but nothing positive. I tried

setreputation 1558e6 1 10

setreputation 1558e6 1 20

setreputation 1558e6 1 30

setreputation 1558e6 1 40

etc, etc.

I even tried

setreputation 1558e6 1 10000 -- and I can still only get "wild child"

I also tried removefromallfactions and it said 'removefromallfactions requires a reference'...so i tried player removefromallfactions and it still said 'removefromallfactions requires a reference'

Hmmm. sad to say this isnt working. i tried setreputation 1558e6 1 100 for Powder Gangers and i can only get "wild child" which is the best Neutral reputation. I cant get anything for the positive reputations. I tried all sorts of combinations. I can get "Vilified" and "Shunned" which are both Negative reps, but nothing positive. I tried

etc, etc.

I even tried

I also tried removefromallfactions and it said 'removefromallfactions requires a reference'...so i tried player removefromallfactions and it still said 'removefromallfactions requires a reference'

For idolized rep you must lower to zero neg reputation by entering "setreputation 0 0" and after that use "setreputation 1 xxx" (for idolized xx = 100)

Also try to use player.removefromallfaction (with dot between player and second part) insteed of player removefromallfactions.

etc, etc.

I even tried

For idolized rep you must lower to zero neg reputation by entering "setreputation 0 0" and after that use "setreputation 1 xxx" (for idolized xx = 100)

Also try to use player.removefromallfaction (with dot between player and second part) insteed of player removefromallfactions.

k...i finally kinda figured out how to adjust my rep. i got a good rep w/ the Powder Gangers now...unfortunately they still attack me on sight when i get close to the correctional facility. At this point Im chalking it up to a bug. Thanks again everyone for yr help.