For the Republic - Mr. House mission

jgarling

Hi all, I am having trouble with a quest and no guide seems to be able to help.

I am doing the NCR's "For the Republic" quest and after the Omerta quest I was given the quest to take out Mr. House (other guides go from the Omertas to the Brotherhood) There is a map marker inside House's Suite but nothing is there. I cannot talk to House either because he wants me to go retrieve the Chip and then use it inside the Bunker and give me nothing else

Is this a bug, do I need to get the chip first, did I mess something up in the convo with House?

I really want to side with the NCR, but if I can't get this quest line done I can't go with them.

any info you got would be great.

There is a console on the far wall to the left of House's console, you use that and open a hidden wall passage which WILL turn all Securitron's hostile towards you - however if you run through and ignore them there is a larger console by the window which will disable the security alert, you should also use this when you leave to avoid being attacked or you could fight your way out. If you turn around you should see an elevator with a console next to it, use that to unlock the elevator, after arriving at House's "chamber" approach the console infront of the life-support pod and use it to open the pod, speak to House and make your decision - If you wish to kill him, go back to the console and choose to send an electrical charge to the pod to sterilize it killing him at which point you will recieve a pre-made copy of his obiturary.

Afterwards head back out and use the security console as stated earlier to disable the security alert again or simply fight your way out.