A Laptop that can run Skyrim with realvision Mods (Ultra)

zacn95

BlackRoseOfThorns:

They have great cooling, while everyone that I know have bought Asus models and were able to fry eggs on top.

I think this must have changed. I'm not familiar with older models, but I just bought one of their new models a few weeks ago (Asus ROG G751) and it hasn't gotten warm yet (has giant, but quiet, fans at the back). It is 7lb, though, and not cheap, so not for everyone.

Edited to add: Don't know if you get the same deal in Australia, but I'd check out the warranties Amazon sells if you buy computers through them. 4 years including accidental damage. By far the best and best price I found.

Edited by jayne2132

By far the best and best price I found.

you call a $2200+ laptop with average specs a "good deal"? I beg to differ.

I said the *warranty* was a good deal. 4 years with accidental damage coverage is something I couldn't find from any other sellers, and Amazon charged what the other sellers were charging for 3 years.

I wasn't posting to encourage anyone to buy the laptop, just to mention that it doesn't get hot. Though this model (mostly its graphics card) gets excellent reviews, it's quite expensive. I personally wouldn't have gotten it if I didn't need a powerful laptop for work, as well as gaming.

BlackRoseOfThorns:

They have great cooling, while everyone that I know have bought Asus models and were able to fry eggs on top.

I think this must have changed. I'm not familiar with older models, but I just bought one of their new models a few weeks ago (Asus ROG G751) and it hasn't gotten warm yet (has giant, but quiet, fans at the back). It is 7lb, though, and not cheap, so not for everyone.

Come back to report after you play demanding game during summer (35+C) for a couple of hours. Laptops rarely have serious issues in enviroment where ambient temperature is around 20C.

BlackRoseOfThorns:

Come back to report after you play demanding game during summer (35+C) for a couple of hours. Laptops rarely have serious issues in enviroment where ambient temperature is around 20C.

I'm certainly aware of that, and didn't mean my post to be misleading (as I said, I've only had it for a few weeks, so couldn't give a thorough review yet). But I did my homework before buying it, and looking through benchmarks and reviews, this model is known for its temperature regulation. This was important to me because my last laptop often shut itself down due to the graphics card overheating when playing games, winter or summer.

In any case, I don't think this is the laptop that the OP is looking for, so I'll stop talking about mine. :)