"Hologram Enemies"

GoatChez

Often when I enter a closed space (not the open world) the enemies in said dungeons are what I have nicknamed holograms. I can see them, but they stand still and cannot be harmed. Once you get closer the game stutters hard and they begin to move, but the fact that I can't touch them has virtually eliminated stealth from the game. Has anyone else had this or found a fix to it?

Can't say I recall anything like this but let's see if we can't dig down to the root cause.

Is this a save with quite a few playing hours on it? Are you running any mods that might touch sneaking? Are these vanilla dungeons and vanilla bad guys or mod added? Does it happen when there's a group of bad guys or even when there's only one?

I have about 10 hours on the save, they are vanilla dungeons and it will sometimes happen to one enemy one screen but another on screen will be fine. I do have an archery mod on, but I don't see how that would make the enemies freeze up. Either way I'll turn it off and see what happens.

Something else to try is to shut down as many background processes as possible (so no browser running in the background etc.) just to see if that makes it any better.

The UOP is a very large mod, that touches a vast expanse of the vanilla game. I didn't use it in my pre-Wrye Bash days in part because my early character had a serious addiction to zero weight Daedric armor (getting it meant exploiting a glitch that the UOP fixed). But the UOP fixes many things I wanted fixed in my game, so back then I created my own patch for those AI package or floating bush/plant/rock type problems I ran across.

My current character uses Wrye Bash and the UOP, but is also playing an install that has been carefully planned and crafted. After the vanilla game and DLCs the UOP and it's siblings were the very next thing to be installed. Every step has had a bashed patch rebuilt ... add one mod, BOSS the new load order, rebuild and test. Takes a lot of time and work.