my cass is broken

LarryThiel

im not sure when it happened but i noticed after i took the boat back from ceasars fort. cass no longer has her shotgun, i use the equip companions mod so i can change their armor but im not sure if thats the issue. also she wont equip any other ranged weapon even when i give her another caravan shotgun, she'll use any melee weapon i give her but not ranged. any ideas what went wrong? is it a bug that happens when they auto strip my equipment?

lol companions do use ammo, they have their own generic weapon with their name on it that uses no ammo but if you give them, let's say, a sniper rifle to boone, he'll switch to sniper rifle and use the .308 rounds you give him.

When he runs out of ammo, he shouts "Empty!" and switches to "Boone's hunting rifle"

the point of my topic is, when they take your weapons while going into caesars camp she was with me and has lost her unique weapon. i checked the vault fallout wiki and it says the gun in her inventory was a caravan shotgun. i gave her the caravan shotgun i had hoping she would just equip it like her unique weapon, unlimited ammo and all but she didnt. i didnt know companions needed ammo since i havent touched any of their weapons. since i now gave her ammo for the caravan shotgun she uses it. my main question is where did her unique gun go and is there any way to get it back...maybe through console codes?

• 2 years later...

Way late to the party... but for what it's worth. Her shotgun isn't just any caravan shotty. She uses a unique one with a unique name and game code. Not sure if you can spawn one on you and give it to her, or maybe select her in the console command screen and use the spawn item code for it to go into her inventory.... but that's the only thing I can think of. You'll need to search for item codes on the web and find her specific gun.