Making a secret door

Lehcar

How do you create a secret door that opens when you pull a switch or something? I've tried but I can't figure out how to link the two together so said switch triggers the door open. Every time I've tried, I go in the game and test it but the switch doesn't open the door.

How do you create a secret door that opens when you pull a switch or something? I've tried but I can't figure out how to link the two together so said switch triggers the door open. Every time I've tried, I go in the game and test it but the switch doesn't open the door.

The switch and the door must be set as Persistent References.

Okay, make sure you're using the right objects. A standard non-activator door won't work with a standard switch script. See for example the activator for the Fort Ruins Portcullis and the fort ruins lever. Place both of them nearby, set the door to persistent, and set the lever's enable parent to the door.

Both door and switch are activators but for some reason I still cant get the switch to open the door, I set both to persistent reference, set the lever enable parent to the door, but it still isn't working...

I'm using the hidden barrel door and a switch lever like the one in Leyawiin Castle btw...

The ones in Leyawiin, as well as the hidden barrel door, are specially scripted to only function when the related quest is run. Instead, make a new activator with the model of what you want for the door, then copy the portcullis's script (Or, if you don't want it to show a "Activated ELsewhere" message, use the Ayleid hidden door script). Do the same for the lever using the Fort Ruins lever script. Then link those two together. The lever doesn't need to be persistent.

Enable Parent only enables or disables according to the status of the parent object and won't for what you are trying to do. Link to Parent is required. The lever/switch is the parent. Link to door to the switch, not the other way around. :thumbsup:

Making a new door with the ayleid hidden door script worked, thank you!!

But what do you mean? I could only link the lever to the door, not the door to the lever, because the lever did not appear on the list of enable parents in the cell...

Oblivion, unlike Fallout 3, only has Enable Parents. Enable parent is commonly used in scripting to link objects together, but can cause problems when one of said objects needs to be disabled. DOn't worry yourself about it.