Custom weapon not appearing when dropped

jtucker40

Hi guys,

So I am making a Zephyr replacer plugin for my own personal use using the Vindskjaer bow model from Nock to Tip, and am running into a slight problem. I substituted the new mesh into the model slot in CK as well as making a new unique 1stPerson object with the new mesh as well. In-game, it appears on my character and in the inventory as it should, with everything looking fine. The problem comes when I try and drop it/put it on a weapon rack. For some reason it just disappears, there is no activator to pick it up again and it is nowhere to be found.

I should mention that I did not make this mesh so I don't know if it has to do with a node missing or something, but I tested it with the original mod it was uploaded in and got the same problem. I couldn't find any answers using google so I figured someone here might now how to help me out. Anything would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Does the mesh have working collision? It could be falling through the map.

Quick way to check this is to drag/drop it into the CK viewport in some cell then turn Havok on; see if it falls / bounces, etc...