Fallout New Vegas Multiplayer

timtheundertaker

Multiplayer?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a multiplayer mod.

2. 2. Do you think my changes could work if there were to be a multiplayer mod?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would say yes to giving you the files but I doubt you are using a Linux machine and you need a special aplication for it to run.

I have Linux, but you mentioned a special app? Do you mind if I ask what this app is?

It is also not combatable with any other mods

I don't mind. :happy:

If you don't want to, I understand... 8)

Edited by Unlimitedrevolver

I love this idea, but I really believe the only type of multiplayer that would work is 2-4 player co-op. I think that would rock. One of my flatmates and I have been saying that it would be really fun to play co-op in New Vegas, because of the hugeness and such. It would be really, really cool.

I'm all for this mod, if it's possible.

but just imagine... like 3 groups of 4 fighting each other. It would be epic

I believe the idea could work but it could have a profile system similar to MW2, whereas you have a multiplayer profile and your own things, seperate from your singlerplayer. It is a very good idea and i have no doubt that it would work, but it would require an enormous amount of time to code, test, and make it work. For the spawning, you should spawn in a town you chose before you died in a menu or something along the lines of that. All of the problems can be addressed and solved. Grouping would be no problem and i think that the first time you start multiplayer that you would spawn at a sort of multiplayer tutorial/hub. You could do tasks for npcs such as, bounties, collecting items, etc. Maybe, just MAYBE, people could talk to others sort of like you normally would when you talk to npcs but in a typing or a sort of quick chat manner. I believe you have a very good idea that requires some of the best modders out there looking to make the world a better place. Message me if you need more ideas ;D

You guys don't understand

You are thinking about how it would work but you have no idea how to code it. NONE of you. You can have an idea for the best game ever but not being able to make it won't get it much success.

You are thinking about how it would work but you have no idea how to code it. NONE of you. You can have an idea for the best game ever but not being able to make it won't get it much success.

...*dreams crushed* :facepalm:

lol, I will learn now that you've said this.

Time to go blind learning I guess. :geek:

Yes, you are quite right, but i believe it could be done,though it would take any immense amount of coding, testing, and splicing together existing code.

Yes, you are quite right, but i believe it could be done,though it would take any immense amount of coding, testing, and splicing together existing code.

yes you are right. and wrong I coded it its not that much work just a lot of splicing and changing. oh and about the profile system...if you have any quests

I got layed off and had to give up my SQL server so I had to change it back to local saving of the accout. i saved it in a special 7vip file but normal 7z could open the files and modify the levels ammo guns unlocked and collected gun, stuff like that. if you have any questions post them here I'm glad to answer.