MatchRace applying wrong race

DaWrecka

(A note before we begin; if you're the type who uses "furfag" as a pejorative, you might want to walk away. Trust me. It'll be less painful for you.)

I have several modded races installed on my game, but one in particular has a peculiar property. Namely, while I can set an NPC to that race in FNVEdit or GECK without any problems, and use the race through the chargen race menu without problems... But if I attempt to use MatchRace with an NPC of one particular race as the source, I get a different race. Like so;

I've taken some screenshots to illustrate things better than I can with words.

http://www.catballbakesale.webspace.virginmedia.com/Fallout/RaceError/Screenshot430.jpg

Here, I've selected the white vixen to show her RefID, and I've entered the console command to copy her race to the player character. (the caucasian in the foreground) When I press Enter, she should become a white fox too... right?

http://www.catballbakesale.webspace.virginmedia.com/Fallout/RaceError/Screenshot431.jpg

Apparently not.

I've done some tests, and I've found that this isn't just a texture issue; using a white fox as the MatchRace source actually sets the target to the pink fox race; GetIsRace with the white fox formID will return false and with the pink fox formID, returns true. What I can't get is WHY. I have no idea where to even start looking for the issue... can anyone assist?

Edited by DaWrecka

I managed to solve this by chance; the white fox race itself was flawless. However, I noticed that the Elder and Child versions were NOT. Both of those had the wrong race set for their Younger/Older properties - the pink race. (likely I copied the pink fox records, altered the texture options, and forgot to update the Older/Younger properties)